PDA

View Full Version : Cuts?

shockinglength
December 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
What type of cut do you like best? V U or blunt?

clichepithet
December 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I like the U. Simply because it seems softer and natural, to me anyway. I have a gentle-U hemline myself, though my eldest daughter is fairly blunt. Why exactly this happened, I'm not sure, as I direct how her hair (and mine) is trimmed.

JenniferNoel
December 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
Softer V's and U's are my favorite, especially on my own hair, I never looked that great with a shallow U or a blunt hemline for some reason. My hair naturally grows in a bit of a V, so it's fairly easy to maintain the desired shape.

missjessiecakes
December 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I prefer fairy tale ends.

After those I like a shallow U

ArienEllariel
December 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
I definately prefer a U shape. For some reason I only like fairy tale ends on certain people. Usually if their hair is wavy.

RocketDog
December 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Since I'm a curly girl, my preferences are based on what I feel looks best with my hairtype. YMMV, of course.

I like V hemlines and slight layers on hair that's shorter than waist length - I think it enhances the texture and movement of the hair, and since it's 'easy' to wear hair down when it's that short I feel that having at least some 'shape' to the hair is important.

Once hair is past hip, I think natural fairytale ends or a deep U (think ALMOST a V cut) is the most flattering. I don't find super-crisp blunt hemlines aesthetically pleasing, especially on women - it is so at odds with our naturally soft, curvy silhouette.

peachrose
December 22nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
U shaped works really well on my hair. Since my hair is so thick it helps to avoid the triangular effect when worn down. I like other types of hemlines on other people but for myself a U hemline is the most flattering and looks nice against my figure.

Thinthondiel
December 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
I prefer somewhat deep U cuts. :)

Roseate
December 23rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
I like a U best on myself, but a straight hem looks amazing on 1a hair, and fairytales are lovely too... and some folks really rock the V. Ok, I like them all!

Monkey962
December 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
U shaped works really well on my hair. Since my hair is so thick it helps to avoid the triangular effect when worn down. I like other types of hemlines on other people but for myself a U hemline is the most flattering and looks nice against my figure.

What is the triangular effect?

Quixii
December 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
I think it depends a lot on the hair type. Wavies and wurlies pull off the U or V cut a lot better than those with straight hair, in my opinion. But if they have thick straight hair, they can probably still do a U. I love seeing blunt ends on thin/mid-range long straight hair.
I tend not to like fairy tale ends in general, but I have seen hair where I do like it, so I'm inconsistent. :shrug:

Keildra
December 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I like fairytale ends but if I had to choose a U

Morrighan
December 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
I like blunt or a very slight U. This way my ends are the thickest they can be. The farther away they get from being blunt the thinner the ends are and also makes it look thinner all over.

Captain Nikki
December 23rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
I personally prefer the look of a straight hemline but this is probably simply because i've had the V shape happening for quite a few years. All the trims i've had in the last couple of years have been aimed at not only getting rid of splits but also to get rid of layers & try to get my hair all the same length. Still got a long way to go but now i know how to look after it properly i know i will get there!

Dars
December 23rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
What is the triangular effect?
When you have a lot of hair and thickness, towards the end the hair just expands outwards, hence the term triangular. :p (I hope that made sense).

Aditi
December 23rd, 2009, 01:58 AM
I prefer soft V cut it works best for my wavy hair.

lesbia
December 23rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
i prefer fairy tale ends, but if i have to cut i would have a blunt shape because it is simpler to take care of

Squeaky
December 23rd, 2009, 04:09 AM
I like the U shape on myself, though it's more of a V at the moment from previous layers and cuts. I don't really tend to like V cuts on people, especially if their hair is straight. But hey, to each their own. :p

jasper
December 23rd, 2009, 04:59 AM
I don't like my V/U as the shorter sides fall out of certain up-do's and my braid tapers to a pathetic wisp at the end. I guess it's okay for wearing my hair down, but I've been trimming with a more blunt hem line in mind.

marzipanthecat
December 23rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
A shallow U cut.

I have that whole V thing going on, because I don't cut my hair. It's a pretty sharp V too. But I can't bear to get it cut, it's taken ages to get this long!

Carolyn
December 23rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
My favorite on me is a nice straight across blunt cut. I've had U shapes and a very shallow U is nice too. I don't like a V or fairy tale ends on straightish hair like mine.

Tap Dancer
December 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
I like a U-shape. I don't like blunt or V-shapes at all.

rach
December 23rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
I like all but different some cuts suit different lengths and hair types better than others.
so honesty i don't know which i prefer......

spidermom
December 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I prefer the U-cut for now. The blunt, straight-across cut looks too much like a cape to me, which is kind of funny because that's what I was going for when I first started this hair-growing journey. I may try a layered soft V-shape if/when I get tired of the U-shape.

Sheltie_Momma
December 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
I like blunt for straight and U for wavy and V for curly. For my own hair, blunt is rather formidable - the hair itself looks nice that way, but on me, as a very smallish person, it is overwhelming.

BlndeInDisguise
December 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Depends on the hair type and length. But for the most part I prefer U or blunt.

Islandgrrl
December 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Probably a soft blunt...very shallow U. But I wouldn't mind fairytale ends....I think they look awesome!

bumblebums
December 23rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
I think U looks best on most hair types.

I don't like how blunt cuts look on wavy hair, so for myself I prefer U. Blunt hemlines look just fine on straight hair, though, especially if it's on the thin side.

galadriel
December 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
I like straight best but my hair like a U.

Wind
December 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I prefer blunt on myself, with my fine hair. But deep V's do look amazing on the right hair type.

ysabet
December 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't really noticed a huge difference in the way my hair looks between blunt, U and V cuts - it's very uncooperative that way. I do know that blunt is the easiest to deal with day-to-day, so that's what I go for.

shockinglength
December 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
[quote=jasper;905136]I don't like my V/U as the shorter sides fall out of certain up-do's and my braid tapers to a pathetic wisp at the end.

I agree I personally like the blunt the best. However, I think slight U cuts are nice also. I'm not a fan of V cuts or fairytail ends.