PDA

View Full Version : My hair style fell out while I was being interviewed on TV!!

Beets
December 22nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ugh! How's a girl going to represent long hair in a positive light if in her exceedingly rare public appearances, she has a hairstyle FAIL!?!?!? Mid interview, my hairstick--a lovely a popular brand, not to be named here, since I'm sure I did a botch job of inserting it in my nervous pre-interview state--just quit holding. The bun unrotated. There was sliding. A floppy tail of hair crept down and sat next to my neck for half of the interview.

UGH!

Hopefully, the reporter will edit that out? And use the first, bun-intact half of what I said? Better yet, none of my friends or neighbors will watch the 5 o'clock news? Maybe they'll misspell my name and no one will recognize me...

heidihug
December 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Oh, dear! Well, perhaps it was not as apparent on video as you felt it was in real life. I am sure you will laugh about this later. (right?) :)

spidermom
December 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Don't worry. I think falling-down buns look charming.

SunshineHair
December 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry that happened to you. Let me name a few things that could be worse to help you feel better about it ok :)

Tucking your dress in your panties and walking into a crowded room while many see it before you know whats going on (true story)

Having a little boogie slightly exposed while your talking to a person who has no idea what personal space is :)

Being at a public bathroom, your not the one who filled the room with the new aroma but your walking out of the stall as a new person walks into the bathroom, and of course they think it's you!!

I hope this helps!!!

jera
December 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Oh no. What an embarassing moment. Perhaps no one will notice. Was it the sort of interview where a messy bun would be acceptable? :confused: I think less than perfect buns can look really pretty and sexy.

Beets
December 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Whew! Thanks, ladies.

I do like a low and loose bun, but I wondered how a bun in the act of unraveling would look on TV, especially as the interviewee stuttered over her words trying not to think about the suddenly flopped hair. Luckily, I just caught the story on the news, and they only used a distant shot of me, and in it my bun was behaving. :eyebrows:

And Sunshine, a very big thank you for that bit of perspective. Indeed, it could have been far, far worse!!

Debra83
December 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Glad it turned out....what were you being interviewed about?

windinherhair
December 22nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Oh, I can understand the embarrassment! :o My hair has started to fall down at work before too. I don't think anyone noticed though, and I fixed it in time. It happened more in the beginning when I first started using the hair sticks and didn't get them inserted right.

spidermom
December 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Don't worry about it. As long as it's not pulling in a painful way, I let my buns half fall out quite often - they look better softer and looser, and one of my halfway-down buns is among people's favorite pictures in my photo journal.

Tovah
December 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Falling out buns are sexy. It was a good thing.

banglaminerva
December 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Falling out buns are sexy. It was a good thing.

Which is exactly why I had a mild panic when mine came down in the middle of a counseling session with a student.

Blondschopf
December 23rd, 2009, 04:39 AM
I think you have to look at this quite differently ;)

All the guys with an unspoiled perception of beauty will sit in front of the tv and go: "I can't believe it, that's so pretty!!!!!!!!"

Sometimes god pulls a few strings, and sometimes a few sticks... the interview was about hair after all :D