PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

swanns
April 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hello everyone :) I already joined the forum some days ago but this is my first post. Found TLHC through LiveJournal and am so glad I did!

I've had my hair cut short several times, mainly because I used to eventually get bored and want to change my look. That's not going to happen this time though ;) I've been growing it for about 4 years now, and it's probably four or five inches past BSL at the moment.

Hope to have fun here! :D

Xanthippe
April 30th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Welcome swanns! I like the braid in your avatar - is it a herringbone?

swanns
April 30th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Than you Xanthippe! And yes, it's a herringbone, bu first attempt at making one actually :) Been experimenting with a lot of different kinds of braids lately.

florenonite
April 30th, 2008, 07:09 AM
You said that you tend to cut because you want a change. In the past six or seven years I have continually tried to grow my hair, gotten bored with it, and cut it. To combat this, I've found new updos, both in the articles section and elsewhere on this site that I can do to my hair to make it different. I also find that it's nice if I see buns, etc. that I can't do at the moment because my hair's too short/thick (I notice you, too, have thick hair) and I keep growing with the hopes of being able to do one of those buns soon. Just a suggestion for if you ever feel the wish for a change again but know you'll regret cutting.

swanns
May 2nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thank you florenonite :) That's exactly how I try to reason with myself every time I get the urge to cut it. Haven't really felt like cutting it for quite a while now:)

Xandergrammy
May 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Welcome! and I love your herringbone braid too! very pretty!

~Lady Stardust~
May 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hello!:waving:

I have the same problem you had..I would get bored with my hair and cut it. Then I made the mistake of going way to short ( a long pixie) and that was the last straw! I decided I would try to grow my hair long and keep it that way.

And you have very pretty hair!

swanns
May 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you, Xandergrammy and Lady Stardust! I've had short pixie cut (although it didn't quite look like a pixie cut because my hair's so thick) at least two times, and I'm fairly sure I'm not going to make that mistake anymore! :D *gets more and more addicted to her hair day by day*