PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Hair!

Naamah
December 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
I'm currently growing out dye in my hair from March. I also flat ironed occasionally around that time, only stopped when I joined LHC...exactly 5 months ago today! I can see a significant difference in the quality of my virgin hair and my dyed hair. It makes me really excited to grow out all of this dye! I have about 3-4 inches grown out so far.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4201&pictureid=58111

The dyed hair looks a bit frizzy and damaged, but the virgin hair looks smooth and unfrizzy! <3

Pear Martini
December 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Awesome. I love your natural color very pretty.

Naamah
December 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM
Awesome. I love your natural color very pretty.
Thank you. :D I'm loving my natural color more and more as I see it growing out.

Yarn Muse
December 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Your hair is very pretty! The color is sort of a caramel-y brown with natural highlights. I'm growing out chemical color, too. The first year is the hardest, I think. Hang in there! You will be happy you did.

Naamah
December 22nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Your hair is very pretty! The color is sort of a caramel-y brown with natural highlights. I'm growing out chemical color, too. The first year is the hardest, I think. Hang in there! You will be happy you did.
Yeah, I never paid attention to my natural color much...I've been occasionally dying my hair about once a year since I was 11. :(

I love my color, though. And the natural highlights. I have this lighter streak right in the front, it's a dark golden blonde color. I love it. :)

I can't wait until all of the dye is gone!

cindy58
December 22nd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Wow, that's quite a difference! Looking at that will keep you growing!

Clarisse
December 22nd, 2009, 03:47 AM
The difference in quality looks exactly like the difference between my virgin hair and my old, chemically dyed high lights. I've been growing out for (aaaalmost) 2 years now. The first year was the hardest - when it's below ear length, it doesn't look like "Oh, I forgot to get my hair done" anymore, it just looks 2-toned. Hang in there! :)

melikai
December 22nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Your natural colour is so beautiful! It also blends in very well with the dyed parts.

patience
December 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Your natural color looks beautiful. It blends nicely with the colored hair also. I'm growing out my color too. There is definitely a difference in the texture between the colored and the virgin. I can sit here and pet my head and can tell when I reach the colored hairs without even looking at it..... what doesn't everyone pet their head? :D it's like, ahhhh ick, ahhhhh ick :)

spidermom
December 22nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Your natural color is beautiful; I hope it grows out fast.

yellowchariot
December 22nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Cool color and great progression Naamah! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Naamah
December 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you everyone. :) This picture will definitely keep me from dying my hair again.

Merkaba
December 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Mine looks the same way! The new growth is so pretty, the old stuff that has been bleached and dyed is splitting and looks like hay most of the time. Can't wait until it is all cut off!

ButterCup02
December 22nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Love your natural colour! I notice a big difference with my virgin hair too. I have never dyed my hair but I used to flat iron it a lot.

Shicurls
December 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Wow the condition of your virgin hair is so great! I love the color and maybe it won't be such a struggle to grow it out since the dyed part and the natural part look very similar in color!

ysabet
December 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
I dyed my hair black December 31st, 2007 ... I'm still growing it out. Plan is to grow hair to either terminal length or my knees, then chop back to the dye-line. I want my virgin hair back so bad ...