PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone's "landmark" measurments compare?

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
So, I am new here, and new to measuring my hair and everything. It usually only gets long due to laziness. haha...

I'm curious though, how many inches does your personal hair have to be to reach BSL or waist?

Mine is about an inch below my bra stap so I was wandering what everybody's average growth time would be.. and, if it will take me longer at 5'9".

CindyLea1
December 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Scope out this thread.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34714

I'll be back with another one for you.

I can't find the other one! But we measure a bit differently around here too. We measure from the front hair line, at the forhead to the ends. So, keep that in mind.

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks cindy! I noticed in the sign up deal that they said that and I tried to do so. But as a newbie, it might not be perfectly accurate :)

I'm doing my first oil treatment tonight. Put in a little honey.. what a mess -_-

pinchbeck
December 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
So, I am new here, and new to measuring my hair and everything. It usually only gets long due to laziness. haha...

I'm curious though, how many inches does your personal hair have to be to reach BSL or waist?

Mine is about an inch below my bra stap so I was wandering what everybody's average growth time would be.. and, if it will take me longer at 5'9".The measurement system on TLHC is puzzling for me because I don't understand how measuring our hair from our hair line works as a marker. I prefer to measure my actual length that grows from my scalp or to just look at where it falls from behind. For a taller person reaching waist length will take longer even though your hair length may be longer than a shorter person with waist length hair (I hope that made sense).