PDA

View Full Version : excited to be here :)

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone. I came upon this website awhile ago while searching for hair advice and found everybody to be very knowlegable. Browsed for a good while and then joined checking all the while for when my profile would be validated! haha

I used to have hair around mid back (and I am 5'9"). But then when I went to college I wanted to be sophisticated and started getting layers ; _ ;

I got my hair a few inches below my shoulders as well. I have been slowly growing it out for a while now but it has been a long process because I had to cut off the thinner bottom of my over layered hair. I also used semi permanent dye on my hair as I wanted to take a walk on the dark side. I'm a natural dark blonde/light brown depending on the sun. Currently am letting it rinse out and grow my roots for the next summer.

So, I'm trying to get my overall length about 4 inches longer but with my length even. I am not so so far off from that. Also want to try to improve the health of my hair in the process and start having better habits. :D

HKay
December 21st, 2009, 03:37 AM
Welcome :) I'm also new here and in the same boat as you. I have the semi permenant dye (that is "supposed" to wash out in 2 months) and the layers.
Here's to getting rid of both :beercheer:

xoxophelia
December 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
The dreaded layers. I am finally past the stage where my once bangs no longer stick out awkwardly from behind my ears. It can go up in a ponytail now with a few inches sticking out.. But, I can't wait for my hair to be even again :)

SunshineHair
December 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hello to you both! I am new, just signed on last night! Have fun :)

Captain Nikki
December 24th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Hi & welcome. I'm a newbie too. This forum is awesome. Filled with so much info & great advice. Best thing is that members share what has worked for them without saying "this is how you should do it or that is the wrong thing to do" KWIM?
Hope you enjoy it here.