PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I need help growing my hair back..

gloriah
April 26th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Hi, my name is gloria. I am new to this site... I am writing first to introduce my self, and second to get help.

I had hair down to my bottom. Then I went to a well known salon, and told them that I only wanted a trim... Then cut almost all of it.. Now, my hair is to my chin.. Please help me get my hair back to the way it was..

Your friend
gloria

Nat242
April 26th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I'm sorry! Don't worry, hair grows, it'll be back soon! If you had hair down to your bottom - what might be referred to as 'tailbone length' here - you must already know a fair bit about hair care.

Check out the Articles section of the website, Ursula's newbie advice (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39) is a great place to start.

Welcome to LHC!

-- Natalie

jera
April 26th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hi, Gloria.
Sorry to hear about your hair misshap, but you've found a great site to help you achieve your hair regrowth goals, as the members here are very helpful and supportive.

spidermom
April 26th, 2008, 08:43 AM
It's hard to picture you expecting a trim, ending up with hair to your chin. Did you fall asleep in the stylist's chair?

amaiaisabella
April 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Good golly! I can't imagine such a big change without freaking out about it. I would never have returned to that salon!

It'll take a while, but welcome to your hair journey! :)

Rustella
April 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hi gloriah! Believe it or not the same thing just happened to me as well. I told them (also a top salon, and someone who had cut my hair several times) to take a few inches off to get rid of damage. It went from waist length to just below my shoulders. You can't see what they are doing back there! I was so shocked I didn't say a word. The worst part (yes, there was a worst part) was that the quality of the cut was just horrid. I went to someone else two weeks later to fix it. She did what she could, but it was so bad that a month later I had to have her cut the rest of it off. It had tons of layes and I hated it. Mine is now to my chin, and I too am growing back out. I hate it, and complain about it to DH probably daily. I now have a MUCH better hairdresser that knows the whole story, is mortified by it, and only takes a tiny bit off when she trims me. She's growing her hair out as well. (In fact, I'm leaving shortly for another dusting.)

I'm new here too. We can grow our hair back together! :cheese:

socks
April 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Wow, I can't even imagine what that must be like. Best of luck in getting your length back!

sweetkandi
April 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Did you slap the hairstylist? LOL. And to be serious, I am so sorry that kind of thing had to happen. Thats horrible.

justgreen
April 26th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi and welcome to the boards!

Be sure to post your plea for help on the Mane Forum and be as specific as you can, routine-wise, what products you use, etc. You will get lots of help there!

Blueglass
April 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Well gloriah and Rustella why don't you do us all a hugh favor and post the names of those well known salons, as well as the stylists responsible so no one here makes the mistake of patronizing them. I propose we start a registry of bad, and on the flip side good salons, listing salons all over the world that we went to that were either very good, or very bad.

Once I ALMOST, thankfully, had a similar experience at a salon called Nancy's in down New London, CT. I suspect Nancy's is not a hair friendly salon. The stylists name was Melissa, however,
it's a common name.

jera
April 27th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Ouch, Rustella,

You're story touched my heart and scared me to death all in the same moment. But I disagree with you about the worst part. I've always found the worst part is having to PAY these people for destroying your hair.
You've got a great attitude and I'm sure will succeed in growing your hair back. Good luck !!;)

Rustella
April 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Good idea-it was Jessie at Bob Steele Salon in Metro Atlanta, Georgia (USA). :pins:

She had preveously done fine trims for the past year. That day she was doing mine and someone else's hair at the same time and had someone else waiting. I later found out they are notorious for that. It's all about the $! Before this I had the same hairdresser for eight years who understood my long hair needs and not once did she take too much off. Only a move out of state could make me leave that one.

As far as my attitude goes, I just figure that there's nothing I can do about it now. I'm still upset and it happened months ago, but I'm trying to look at it as a new beginning in hair health and a chance for a change. I was so mortified though, that almost no one knows that I did not cut my hair off on purpose. I told everyone I was looking for a change, which was true. The first haircut was so awful that no one said a word. That's a good clue to a woman that the haircut is bad, espcially with that much of a change. It was around that time that I found this site, and off to the store I went to get some Monostat. LOL! :run:

jera
April 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
It's no joke about Monistat. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it does seem to help somewhat. It's worth a try anyway. It's not dangerous or exxpensive, so good luck if you decide to try it.;)