PDA

View Full Version : Catnip question

wahmof9
December 20th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I know there is a thread about catnip already and I also know how long it is since I read it once through about 9months ago and that is how I know I don't want to do that again! :) It is so informative and so long!

So, quick question, has anyone "catniped" over night? I was thinking of deeping my braid tassel into the catnip before bed and rinsing in the morning.

Is this a good idea and will it work?

ktani
December 20th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I do not think that it is necessary. From my experience, when I have left a treatment on longer (2 hours), it made no appreciable difference.

The only way to know for sure though for you, is to try it.

wahmof9
December 21st, 2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks Ktani.

I guess I should have been clearer in my explanation. I don't want more treatment...I am just lazy. I want to deep my hair and then go to bed and wash and rinse in the morning rather than wash, catnip, wait and then rinse.

I just wanted to make sure that doing the catnip over night would not harm my hair...

I know you are the expert on catnip....so I'll look forward to your answer :)

ktani
December 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks Ktani.

I guess I should have been clearer in my explanation. I don't want more treatment...I am just lazy. I want to deep my hair and then go to bed and wash and rinse in the morning rather than wash, catnip, wait and then rinse.

I just wanted to make sure that doing the catnip over night would not harm my hair...

I know you are the expert on catnip....so I'll look forward to your answer :)

I am an expert on catnip when it comes to my experience with it and my hair.

So, If I understand you correctly, you just want to apply catnip over unwashed hair and then wash or rinse that off?

It would depend on what is on your hair. I you wash your hair and dry it and then do it, it should work. If your hair has conditioner or catnip on it already then the catnip would not have access to the hair to be absorbed as it can doing it the other way, and your results will not be optimum.

When I applied catnip over catnip used as a shampoo it was prone to knotting and I started to see split ends (1 or 2), which I had not seen in 4 years.

I went back to my regular routine and shortened the brewing time (no knotting) and no split ends. The brewing time affected only the knotting, the routine affected split ends.

Your question is covered in the Catnip Article, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118, in 2 sections and the Catnip Article is also in my blog, below.

That is where I tried to cover most of the thread questions, to make going through the entire catnip thread, unnecessary.

wahmof9
December 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM
Ktani, you are awesome thank you!:cheese:

Will try this experiment tonight :)

ktani
December 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Ktani, you are awesome thank you!:cheese:

Will try this experiment tonight :)

You are most welcome! Be sure to bag the catnip treatment! Body heat is important from my experience to get it to work its best.

wahmof9
December 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Washed...air dried...catnip...braid....awesome!

Thanks!

ktani
December 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Washed...air dried...catnip...braid....awesome!

Thanks!

Great! You are most welcome!