PDA

View Full Version : Hair for Christmas?

Maud
December 20th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Hi everyone!
Since it's almost Christmas I was thinking about how I am going to wear my hair for Christmas.
I would like to know how you are going to wear your hair.
My hair wil probably be in a figure 8 (kind of, my hair is a little too short) or something with braids (I don't know what, yet).
Merry Christmas!

Speckla
December 20th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I will wear it like my avatar. It isn't a figure eight because my hair is still too short but the bottom half is twisted like one and the top part is left out and I pull the curls down.

Xandergrammy
December 20th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure, but since I recently received two new Ficcares (one burgundy, one emerald green), I think I'm going to do a big ole bun with both clips. :grin:

Crysta
December 20th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Dread kit x)

It's still at the itchy stage but it should be gone by christmas,
I'll be working so i'll have an updo with it,

which is basicly knots.

I take a few dreads at the top of m yhead and knot them, then a few below that and a few below that, then knot the ends of the knots together and again and again all messy, until it stays there.
nice and practical.

enfys
December 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not too sure how I'll wear it. If I'm wearing a 1960s dress I'll do a 60s inspired bouffant, and if I wear another dress it'll be with rope braids.

This is my first Christmas away from home and with the in-laws so I need to impress them!

Brownie
December 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I think I'll wear it down or in a French braid :)

thankyousir74
December 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I think I'll wear it down or in a French braid :)

Simple, I like it. I'll probably do the same haha.

squiggyflop
December 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
if i wear something satin ill be leaving it down.. if its a fuzzy sweater i might be doing pigtail braids.. but i think ill be wearing satin..

Jennie80
December 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hi. I´m thinking if I`m going to were a sock bun with a little Santa in the middle..

KatKeRo
December 20th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I wear it like this. (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/katkero/hair/Winter5dec2009013.jpg)

Yozhik
December 20th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Nice snowflake hair toy, KatKeRo! I like your hair color, too :)

I have the distinct suspicion that DBF is getting me some hairtoys, so I'll probably put my hair up with one of those!

Elainehali
December 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Candy cane hair sticks never fail to impress.

Miasen
December 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'm guessing either a Chinese Braided Bun, or a Figure 8. And then clip on something shiny to decorate it. :P

*Aoife*
December 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The top I'm wearing demands an updo. I think I'll just do the only bun I know how. Or if I can figure out a nice style with hair sticks I'll use them.
If someone buys me hairtoys (*hint hint*) I'll probably wear them instead.

*Aoife*
Candy cane hair sticks never fail to impress.

Candy cane hair sticks? Sounds brilliant!

spidermom
The way things are going, I might just pull all of mine out by then.

KatKeRo
December 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thank you Yozhik.

BranwenWolf
December 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I have no parties to go to whatsoever but if I do, I will pin it in a cinnamon bun with my Blue Heron hairsticks. They have red sparklies on them so they go with a red satin blouse and my black gypsy skirt.
Unfortunately all three items are up north. If I party in January that's what I'll wear!

Kris Dove
December 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM
In pigtails with curly ribbon (the stuff for wrapping presents) tying the ends on Xmas eve for work, then I'll give it a deep conditioning and wear it loose on xmas day.

Elistariel
December 22nd, 2009, 03:41 AM
Well I broke my hairsticks, so no buns. :o

Christmas eve: French braid. (all I know how to do.)
Christmas: French braid waves or just a french braid, depending on how the waves take over night.

Although I think mine is really a Dutch braid.

Clarisse
December 22nd, 2009, 03:53 AM
I've been wearing my hair up for something that feels like a long time now, so I'll let it down, or perhaps do a half-up :)

Liluri
December 22nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
It's going to be super hot here so I'm wearing my hair up, but that's as far as I have gotten so far :) Hopefully I shall be wearing some of my Christmas presents.

GlassEyes
December 22nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Christmas Eve, probably my normal sock bun with a ton of curls hanging all over the place, or down.

Christmas Day I'm visiting my father, so anything that hides my length as much as possible in case I see my Aunt. :rolleyes: She says one thing, and I'm fairly certain I won't be holding my tongue, which will piss off my father. Badly.

Carolyn
December 22nd, 2009, 05:38 AM
I haven't really thought about it. We'll be with DIL's family. Everyone wears sweats or jeans so it's not exactly a fancy occasion. I'll probably do something like a LWB with a nice hairtoy.

pepperedmoth
December 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM
. . . people do something with their hair for Christmas?

Whether I'm at my parent's house or my in-laws, we all just hang out in the living room in our pajamas . . . my hair will still be braided from sleeping.

morguebabe
December 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'm debating waves down. Or up in a figure 8 bun or something - mainly because of all the hugging and such I hate my hair being rubbed

Mannaz
December 22nd, 2009, 07:46 AM
:waving: Tadaa, this is my first my post on the mane forum, hello everyone! (I'll try to make a proper introduction at some point, promise)

I think for christmas eve I'll be wearing a diagonal dutch braid bunned with hairsticks I've never used before for a whole day. Well, actually, there haven't been that many days I've worn any hairsticks for a whole day.

This is the first bunned up-do that I really like on me (asymmetric things seem to work on me) , and it will be a good occasion to test the sticks because I won't be going out and if they start to fall off it wont be a big deal. If they stay on well I'll be wearing this also for going out on christmas day, maybe with a lace braid added.

I'm so excited about a proper hairstick up-do, makes me feel like some historical creature, it's some how mysterious...

Sheltie_Momma
December 22nd, 2009, 08:07 AM
I will hopefully be wearing new hair sticks. Assuming I get them and can figure out how to do something with them!

rags
December 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
We are pretty casual people. For the in-laws gathering, I will have been cooking all day, so I expect my hair will be up in a lazy wrap. For my family gathering, probably a French braid with the tail tucked up or maybe a plain Dutch braid. (keeps it out of the way of little kiddie hands!). Both days, I'll be cooking so down is out!

rags
December 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, and I had to come back and add - this title keeps messing with my brain. I keep reading it and thinking someone is getting extra hair for Christmas!! :rollin: I'd like some too, please! :D :rollin:

Maud
December 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Oh, and I had to come back and add - this title keeps messing with my brain. I keep reading it and thinking someone is getting extra hair for Christmas!! :rollin: I'd like some too, please! :D :rollin:
Haha, you're right. I want hair for Christmas!

lillylonghair
December 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
It's just my granparents coming over for breakfast so probably something simple like a french braid or a twist held with on of my hair sticks.

ap1524
December 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
I think all out silliness is in order so I'm wearing a bun with missletoe woven into it!

lillylonghair
December 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
I think all out silliness is in order so I'm wearing a bun with missletoe woven into it!

Cute! I like that idea.

kmangus
December 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
:xmas:I'm wearing a sockbun and reindeer Antlers to work

shadowclaw
December 22nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
I used to have a nice green dress that I wore around Christmas time, and now that my hair is red, I've been wishing I still had it. I would love to wear a green dress and incorporating some holly into a hair style... even if it's just a ring of holly around my head! I think it would just look so old-fashioned and pretty.

I am still in debate over what I will actually do.

CaityBear
December 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hmm, not sure. I like to show off the length sometimes if it looks good. Not to mention, some of my family hasn't seen me for a year and they usually have the O_O "OMG your hair is sooo long!" expression and I think it's amusing to see, haha.

Anyway, I just got some really gorgeous hairsticks from a seller on Etsy and me thinking I'm going to wear one and do a figure eight for at least one of my Christmases (I have about 4 or 5 to go to this year! Yikes, busy!)

ButterCup02
December 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
DH and I are spending Christmas day with my family, which means hanging out all day in our PJ's!! Wahoo! So I'll just throw it up in a messy bun. I love relaxed Christmases!

I wore it half up for my in-laws Christmas on Saturday :)

We are going to church on Christmas Eve...so I guess I better figure out what to do with my hair for that!

Hiriel
December 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
I'm going to put it in a half-up to show it off a little bit, but still (hopefully) keep it out of the food. A chance to use my too small flexi8 :)
Will wash it and bun it damp tonight, in the hopes of getting some pretty waves :)

RoseRedDead
December 23rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Christmas Day will be low-key, just immediate family members at home. It's also washday, so until it gets washed, it'll be in an oiled English braid.

Saturday - Tuesday, I'll be with family, and it'll probably be up all the time.

I'm so boring...

ButterCup02
December 23rd, 2009, 02:07 PM
I think I am going to do this for church tomorrow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOVgG7HRPCM

Nevermore
December 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Down and curly, I'll be doing damp rope braids overnight on Christmas Eve and just leaving them until I go out on Christmas. I usually wear my hair down for special occasions. I should add that I usually pull the front section away from my face somehow. Last year, I parted it in the middle and did two small braids, fastened in the back. For Thanksgiving I just did a poof at the top. I might be doing some kind of braided headband kind of thing this Christmas.