PDA

View Full Version : The Tales Of Two Textured Hair

Natalia
December 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Hey all :flowers: . Not sure if we have one of these yet but i figure id put it out there anyway. Along with growing out my old dye which is drastically different than my natural hair there was always a bit of texture difference between them withmy natural hair being more forgiving and cooperative. Well now that ive been experimenting with cassia i have very entierly different textures!

Figure with the number of people on here who do cassia or henna or are growing out colored hair for natural/grey hair i cant be the only one fussing with texture issues. So if something like this already exists please point me or if not join me :D.

Natalia :heartbeat

halo_tightens
December 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Mine is that way too, to an extent.

My hair is now hennaed all over. Once upon a time, though, I used to use chem dyes instead. The first six inches or so of my hair are virgin+henna, and the rest of the length is henna over multiple chem treatments and (past) heatstyling.

Needless to say, those first six inches are the nicest by far! I can deal with it pretty well, though... All the TLC helps even my damaged ends, thanks to all the techniques and products I've learned about here. You can see a bit of a difference sometimes, but I tend to wear my hair in ways that makes the difference less obvious. And some days, it's not noticeable at all. (I can still feel it, though!)

GoddesJourney
December 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I can see how you feel. I'm growing out the last of my damage, but I've had way worse before when I was growing out multiple bleachings with the cheapest stuff from the store.

Also, my regular hair is different. It's all virgin hair, but some of the stuff close to my ears is much straighter and finer, very smooth-textured. Other than that, the bottom half of my hair is fairly smooth but much thicker and a tiny bit more wavy. The top half of my hair is significantly more damaged and wavier, with some ridiculously coarse, kinky hair scattered throughout the crown, and a few stray grey hairs. Wow, that makes combing and updos a little strange, since the hair sticks out in some areas and, in others, it just falls right out of my updo. Sheesh.

Brownie
December 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
My coarse hairs are wavy (a lot like this (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/troels-nybo/sinus.gif)), my medium hairs are straight. It tangles very easily *sigh*

Loviatar
December 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm massively two-textured. My end four inches or so are rough and dry and damaged, no matter what I do to them; the rest is silky and pretty decent. I henna, but I've trashed the ends rather. :oops:

Silver Strands
December 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
My gray hairs are much more wavy and coarse than my brown hair.
They spring up all over the place and look very frizzy and unkempt.
Even though I don't mind the color, I hate the texture difference.

I have found that using cones helps keep the wild grays under control.

hazelnut
December 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I used henna on my hair a few months back and it changed my hair's texture too. My hennaed hair is alot more coarse and waaaaay thicker than my new growth that hasn't been touched by the henna. My new growth is soft and thinner.

Copasetic
December 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm not growing out colour, but I definitely have two-textured hair. The front and sides are medium, bordering on fine, and the back of my hair is thick, almost coarse. It doesn't really result in any styling issues for me, thankfully.

Natalia
December 20th, 2009, 09:04 PM
So many combos! Im starting to feel better about mine. One other texture thing that bother me are those stupid fine and constantly breaking no matter how gentle frizz "horns" at my temples.