PDA

View Full Version : Joico??

hennaphile
December 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Anyone use this line (it's what they used on Arwen's wig... that piqued my interest)?

Does it have cones?

Yea, nea ? :cheese:

spidermom
December 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, I believe it does have cones. I haven't used it in years, but it's a good product line. Spendy though.

Shermie Girl
December 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I have only used the K-Pak protein reconstructor. It is da bomb. (Did I just type "da bomb"??? :lol:) My hair likes protein and it slurps up K-Pak. I can't remember if it has cones, tho.

rymorg2
December 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
K pak does not have cones. :D It's a wonderful reconstructor. You have to be careful what you get from them though. Some things have cones, some don't. I use their K Pak, I use the joiwhip occasionally, and I use the curl defining cream/gel.

hennaphile
December 20th, 2009, 06:45 PM
The reconstructor was what they used on Arwen's wig :eyebrows: Maybe for Kiwicus I may ask for some ;)

I love my all natural routine, but it does have it's limits.

hennaphile
December 28th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I've heard that this is really designed for color treated, bleach fried, heat fried, and otherwise ravaged hair-- and that on healthy/virgin hair it might wreak havoc.

My hair isn't exactly in superb condition, even though i henna, hendigo, cassia, oil, etc. It's just naturally dry and wavy.

Thoughts on protein treatments in that case?

rogue_psyche
December 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Does your hair like protein or benefit from the occasional protein treatment? If so, K-Pak may be for you. I've tried both the Joico and the Sally's GVP version and I actually like the Sally's one better. My hair is bleached on the length and K-Pak was a great tip from the lady at a beauty supply.

Sissy
December 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I do like the Joico line... I first tried it after purchasing the Silk Results (has a cone) but works great. I also have the K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator... works fantastic (has a cone way down the ingredient line)! Then there's the reconstructor, which also works a treat! Sally's make a generic of it that works nice too.

Darkhorse1
December 29th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I use it and LOVE it. I've used their clarifying shampoo, Kpak, but I LOVE Integrity--their leave in conditioner/detangler. It is coney, and can leave build up, but for me, since I work in the elements, this conditioner is AWESOME! Keeps my hair lower on static, protects it from the dry cold air and the sun and leaves it less pouffy.

luna*
January 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM
I've used their silk results shampoo and conditioner (the one for coarse/thick hair) and the k-pak reconstructor. They all gave me great results: Shiny, very soft and manageable hair. All 3 products contain cones. That's why I don't use them exclusively . I always rotate products and generally prefer stuff without cones.

hennaphile
January 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
I've used their silk results shampoo and conditioner (the one for coarse/thick hair) and the k-pak reconstructor. They all gave me great results: Shiny, very soft and manageable hair. All 3 products contain cones. That's why I don't use them exclusively . I always rotate products and generally prefer stuff without cones.

Was your hair really damaged before using the reconstructor? :flower:

Emerson
January 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
I also use the Sally's version, I have around 4 inches left of highlights on the bottom of my hair and this has made my hair a lot softer. Great price too :)

Does your hair like protein or benefit from the occasional protein treatment? If so, K-Pak may be for you. I've tried both the Joico and the Sally's GVP version and I actually like the Sally's one better. My hair is bleached on the length and K-Pak was a great tip from the lady at a beauty supply.

GoatLady
February 5th, 2023, 08:14 AM
I've been using the Joico Defy Damage shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and so far I am liking my results. I have noticed a marked decrease in my amount of hair fall, especially during showering/hair washing. I have HUGE bottles of this stuff and will be using it, exclusively, until I run out. I switched to these products because my previous shampoos seemed to strip the heck out of my henna.

PROS - Very little hair fall

CONS - Not much scent. Which isn't a huge deal but I do love a good sniff of my hair every now and then, so I rather miss that.

Dark40
February 11th, 2023, 08:18 PM
Oh, I love the K-PAK line! My hair also love protein, and yes it is da bomb. I always use the reconstructor. But it didn't say that it was only made for damaged, color treated, bleached, heat fried hair. I would think it's made for all hair types.

GoatLady
February 11th, 2023, 11:09 PM
I'm still loving the Joico Defy Damage shampoo and conditioner. They have made a HUGE difference in the amount of hair fall. I now experience next to none. It's amazing. :applause:cheer::joy: