PDA

View Full Version : Growth!

flutterbudget
December 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I trimmed 1.5 inches on 11/23 (about a week after the terrible chlorine trauma that led me to this site, but that is another story in another thread...). I just measured again today and I've already gained an inch back in about 3.5 weeks! So yay! Just had to share. :D

spidermom
December 19th, 2009, 10:31 PM
That's fabulous! I've often been blessed with a growth spurt immediately following a trim, too.

Debra83
December 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
That's awesome!!!! Way to go! That's pretty quick! What's your secret weapon?

JamieLeigh
December 19th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Wow, it's almost like you never trimmed. :D Congrats!

Dachsdragon
December 20th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Great growing, congratulations.

Sammich
December 20th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Oh wow.... o_O I never get an inch in a month!
That's amazing. :) Lucky you!

asliok
December 20th, 2009, 08:12 AM
What have you done :)

flutterbudget
December 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I don't know! I was so shocked. I never get that much in a month either. I had to measure like three times because I thought I must be seeing it wrong. Then I turned the tape measure the other way around and measured some more... Still an inch!

I've been washing about twice a week, doing what I'm calling WCC. I wash my scalp, let it run down the length. Then I let a really moisturizing conditioner sit for most of my shower (at least 5 min) and follow that with something that gives me lots of slip. Then I'm doing a deep condishioning (leave it wrapped in plastic for a couple hours) usually once a week. So sometimes I'm doing one "regular" wash and one wash with DC, and sometimes two "regular" washes and one with DC. All this started with my desperate attempts to help the dryness and breakage I was having after a huge dose of chlorine (details in this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=37236) thread), and my hair seemed to like it so I've just kept it up.

I'm a total 'cone junky, so none of my stuff would be of any interest to those of you doing SLS/cone free. But the things I'm liking best right now are Excelsior's Milennia Mud (my hair drinks this stuff and it feels great), Sally's knock off K-pak (only used it a couple times so far but it gave me lots of shine), and L'oreal Mega Moisture for the obscene amounts of slip.

I'm also wearing it up pretty much all the time, but that's nothing new. And trying to learn some new buns and making a point to not always twist the same direction.

I don't know what made it grow. Maybe it was the hair fairy. :p

bumblebums
December 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! As far as growth goes, 1 inch is an awful lot--are you sure you measured it under the same conditions both times? Hair can expand with humidity, for example. I don't want to be the sole voice of skepticism here, but I would imagine there is quite a large margin of error when it comes to measuring one's own hair length.

flutterbudget
December 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! As far as growth goes, 1 inch is an awful lot--are you sure you measured it under the same conditions both times? Hair can expand with humidity, for example. I don't want to be the sole voice of skepticism here, but I would imagine there is quite a large margin of error when it comes to measuring one's own hair length.

Same bathroom, same lighting, same measuring tape, dry and brushed both times. There is no amount of environmental difference that gives me any type of wave or anything like that, and like I said I measured several times. So... :shrug:

girlcat36
December 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous!

flutterbudget
December 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous!

Aww, thanks! :o

Yozhik
December 20th, 2009, 06:46 PM
What great progress!
I wish I had that rate of growth . . .
Your hair is so pretty :)