PDA

View Full Version : What are you giving your hair for Christmas?

Speckla
December 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
A nice protein DT today and a good Henna on the 23rd.

Tangerine
December 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM
What a nice idea. I might treat myself to a long drawn-out SMT session on Christmas Eve :)

Heidi_234
December 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
A hair fork :D My first :D :D

Yayasmurf
December 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
My hair has received 2 crocheted Rasta hats and a crocheted Morphy hat...Christmas hasn't even arrived yet :D

Hummmm, what to crochet for my hair next :cool:

hmmm
December 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Such a cute thread... I think I'll give it another henna, I can't seem to quit but my hair likes it.

Shermie Girl
December 19th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Hmmm... I *think* it is getting Ficcare (s) from my husband. I don't know what I will get for it. I'll have to see. :D

Aditi
December 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Good henna and maybe a hair accessory :D

Nyghtingale
December 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
These....
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=23033542

Addy
December 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
A nice deep conditioning with my hood dryer... it's been so long and deserves it! :)

Angharad
December 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I will give it a cassia-treatment, followed by a banana/honey/coconutcream/EVOO treatment, so it certainly will be a shiny, happy :) X-mas!

Addy
December 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM
These....
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=23033542

So pretty! :) I like those!

bumblebums
December 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Some random hairsticks, a couple of Ketylos, a couple of Flexi 8s, and two sets of satin pillowcases! I am going all out :)

may1em
December 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Some benign neglect, probably.

patience
December 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM
A nice DT under my new heatcap that I haven't used yet. Some new conditioner and this stick (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=23181498) (it should get here just in time :) )

LoversLullaby
December 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I am going cone and sulfate free. :)
I'm thinking about buying myself some hairtoys too!

AstrayStar
December 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hmmmm This is something that I had not thought of... very good question!

Konstifik
December 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm going to try the first herb rinse someday this coming week. Catnip, chamomille and a bag of herb-tea will hopefully grant my frozen hair some healing :)

lillylonghair
December 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM
About a kilo of henna,some of Night Blooming panacea hair salve and custom made hair sticks!!!:cheese: Ooh,and I may do my first smt.

ericthegreat
December 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
My own personal intensive conditioning treatment. Its actually a mixture of my deep conditioner and several drops of olive oil mixed together. My new red highlights will REALLY SHINE after this treatment! :disco:

*Aoife*
December 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
DCing it on the 24th. Need it to look nice and shiney for the 25th :)
I'll hopefullly have some time off to myself and I thinking of my first shot at oiling.

I COd it today for an experiment but I'm not counting it as a present.

enfys
December 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Nothing. It hasn't been good enough.

Kris Dove
December 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
If I have time on xmas morning, it can have an intensive treatment while I sit in a bath. :)

pdy2kn6
December 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
SMT on the 23rd so I have moistured none greesy hair over all the xmas festive events. I am extending my washing period till that day. I haven't done my weekly wash today because waiting till then lol.

JenniferNoel
December 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'm giving it some kind of thorough oiling (I haven't decided what kind yet), and more hair flowers. :inlove:

Othala
December 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Lots of protein in the form of duck, pheasant, beef and of course turkey. That's an internal protein boost so you could say it's a "really deep treatment". Externally, a combo of Emu and coconut oil during my sauna once a week.

Unofficial_Rose
December 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Plenty of deep conditioning, no blow drying and THIS lovely thing it has wanted for so long. :D

Liluri
December 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm amused my hair is getting "The Aurora Borealis, aka the Best.Ficcare.Ever."

Angelina15
December 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Hmm probably a deep treatment, and maybe some new hair toys. :)

Carolyn
December 19th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'd like to get 2 or 3 Ficcares but I'm might wait until the next sale time. I may get a tiny trim and an Aveda conditioning if I can get an appointment.

MissManda
December 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Aww, this thread is quite cute! :)

I'm going to give my hair some Flexi 8s. I am so excited and I can't wait for them to come in the mail!

Wicked Princess
December 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I love this thread! :D

It's going to get a tiny trim, a couple of humble hair sticks, and a SMT on the 23rd (I have five parties to go to on the 24th and 25th, and I want my hair to look great for them!)

windinherhair
December 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Wooden hair forks and ficcares. :)

Beets
December 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM
My hair got a present a few days early: my discovery of this site! Maybe I'll formalize the present and promise my tresses ten minutes of LHC reading a night (though I'm on minute 30-something now, with no sign of slowing--lucky hair!).

CaityBear
December 19th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I ordered a couple hair things from Etsy. :D They're going to either be from my parents or my brother as a Christmas present. :D And I should do a henna soon. My scalp is flaky and itchy and henna is great for calming it for me and I am getting pretty long roots. lol

spidermom
December 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Same ol-same ol', pretty much more of the same.

teela1978
December 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
It got a new hairstick. Apparently we exchanged gifts early
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/lchamber78/20091219_newhairstick.jpg
ETA... I need to find a new 'bun that I use all the time'. This was great 2-3 inches ago, but there's a lot of extra hair nowadays!

pepperminttea
December 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Mine's received its first ficcare (an early present). :)

JamieLeigh
December 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM
A trim on the 23rd, then a honey mask, washed out with more conditioner in the shower. That way I'll have nice shiny, soft clean hair for the family stuff which starts on the 24th.

I've already given my hair some ceramic snowman hair sticks from etsy, does that count? :D

Rivanariko
December 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I might try my first deep treatment. It's been seeming a little dry since I abandoned my WO experiment. If I get really motivated I might look into catnip as well... we'll see. :)

Liat
December 20th, 2009, 01:32 AM

Dementia1013
December 20th, 2009, 04:09 AM
An Acca Kappa Pneumatic Beechwood brush. :D :D

Crysta
December 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I gave it a dread kit. that means no handling, washing, brushing or tugging for 6 weeks. :P

Loviatar
December 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Far too many hair toys, a henna-roots application and an avocado & olive oil treatment, well why not ;) it's Christmas after all!

Leisje
December 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I've been CO wash only, with a lot of deep oil treatments all month to keep the winter dull and dryness away.
Hopefully my hair will be shiney and bright for christmas. :)

rogue_psyche
December 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
A ficcare and a henna treatment. My hair's been pretty good this year. :D

Unofficial_Rose
December 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I'm amused my hair is getting "The Aurora Borealis, aka the Best.Ficcare.Ever."

You're getting one too, eh? Cool! ;)

rags
December 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM
My hair is not behaving. Therefore it doesn't get any presents. :p

Liluri
December 20th, 2009, 07:17 PM
You're getting one too, eh? Cool! ;)

Yes, it's sitting in a box waiting for Christmas day... waiting :)

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I am hoping to get some Ojon as I have heard good things. Also, extra large rollers so I can air dry and get sleaker hair without waiting a day for it to settle down :)

MissThorne
December 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
I cant really afford to spoil my hair this Christmas since the Boa's terrarium is going to cost a frightful amount so ive decided that ive been weening off of chemical filled shampoos for too long and its due time to start with the natural alternatives. :) Im excitted.
Sometimes small presents are just as lovely as large expensive ones.
Hope everyone enjoys the holidays.

Rentlle
December 23rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
wow!! I love this thread! :D
I think i'll give it a mayo-treatment.
It used to love that, soo.. :)

Hiriel
December 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I have a Ketylo aquapearl (yaaay!) on the way, so it will get a promise of damp buns to make pretty, pretty waves :)
And when I get back home to my hair scissors I will take the time to do some proper S&D.

Airisuu
December 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
This: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=23435173 although it will arrive well after Christmas.
Also an extra long SMT so it will (hopefully!) be on it's best behaviour for parties on Christmas Day.

rupertswife
December 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Flexi-8's :cheese:

lindenblossom
December 23rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
It got its very first Ficcare~the jade Maximas, size large. It's love.

*Rose Red*
December 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I just did a scalp massage with oil, that makes my hair shiny and my scalp less itchy.

Pixna
December 24th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I bought some Cocoveda oil (http://www.hennasooq.com/usa-store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=146) and will be giving it a try (as soon as it arrives). Hopefully, it will be a gift that keeps on giving all year long! :gabigrin:

paintedmuse
December 24th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I washed my hair yesterday evening and then heavily oiled the length with coconut oil. This morning I regreted it because the oil was still there :D but now it's mostly gone and very soft. I consider that a present :D

julliams
December 24th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I gave mine Giovanni Direct Leave in and some pampering by using the "plopping" method to get some curl back. See my sig.

hennaphile
December 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM
A lump of coal!

It got a nice hendigo, but it wrote me a rather extensive list. Have to save some for birthday. And Chanukah, and Solstice, and Dawali, and the Eids... and...

papillion
December 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Mine is going to get a heavy oiling in about ten minutes time, and I may get it a couple of Timberstone hairsticks.

Speckla
December 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I'm going to let mine out of jail for a day (no bun, I will wear it down and tied with a red ribbon). :) I didn't henna yesterday but I will tomorrow. We have a family gathering tonight and I didn't have enough time to freeze, thaw, and apply.

kmangus
December 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/KatelynMangus/Snapshot_20091224_3.jpg
heres my work hair!! I am a carhop at Sonic...hopefully I make good tips and that will mean a good DT tonight!

Sissy
December 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I am treating myself to some new organic conditioners and some CV shampoo bars! I'm also getting some Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil and Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil in Water

Wind Dragon
December 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Nothing special for mine, but I've been having fun reading what everyone else is giving theirs. So in the spirit of the occasion, taken (mostly) from this thread, may I present to you the final verse of

The Twelve (Hair) Days of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Twelve Christmas flowers
Eleven Flexi-8s
Ten random hairsticks
Nine wooden hairforks
Eight edible ingredients
Seven new Ficcares
Six Ketylos

(wait for it)

Fiiiiiive shiny thiiiiiiings!

:gabigrin:

Four silk pillowcases
Three herbal rinses
Two Rasta hats
And an all-day SMT.

:flowers:

blue_nant
December 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I've started letting it down in dance class and sometimes other places; trying to let it free more often. why else have long hair? hee

Capriquarius
December 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM
A nice, shiny new jar of coconut oil! I can't believe my old one lasted almost 2 years with daily use.

I plan to re-henna for the New Year. :)

Kalyca
December 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
well, I'm treating myself to a nice coconut oil massage and i want to try out my new "yes to carrots" conditioner! it smells yummy

Unofficial_Rose
December 25th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Nothing special for mine, but I've been having fun reading what everyone else is giving theirs. So in the spirit of the occasion, taken (mostly) from this thread, may I present to you the final verse of

my true love gave to me
Twelve Christmas flowers
Eleven Flexi-8s
Ten random hairsticks
Nine wooden hairforks
Eight edible ingredients
Seven new Ficcares
Six Ketylos

(wait for it)

Four silk pillowcases
Three herbal rinses
Two Rasta hats
And an all-day SMT.

Hehe! I love that :D

Pixna
December 25th, 2009, 07:07 AM

my true love gave to me
Twelve Christmas flowers
Eleven Flexi-8s
Ten random hairsticks
Nine wooden hairforks
Eight edible ingredients
Seven new Ficcares
Six Ketylos

(wait for it)

Four silk pillowcases
Three herbal rinses
Two Rasta hats
And an all-day SMT.

LOVED it!!! Just adorable -- thanks for the holiday smile, Wind Dragon!!!

Tabitha
December 25th, 2009, 07:58 AM
The Ficcares that were on my lust-list - received recently, and put away with remarkable self-control until yesterday!