PDA

View Full Version : Cones?

mommat04
December 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Can someone direct me to a older thread about what cones are? I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for!

sedonia
December 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Can someone direct me to a older thread about what cones are? I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for!

Cones are silicone based ingredients like dimethicone or cyclopentasiloxane. Some, but not all, end in "-cone", thus cones for short.

Cones are added to alot of shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and also cosmetics like foundations and moisturizers. Personally, my skin and hair love cones. Some people don't like them.

Some are water-soluable, but some will build up unless washed off with a detergent. If you use cone-heavy hair products, you may need to clarify at various time intervals. Somewhere there is a thread with a list of cone ingredients and their relative soluability levels.

People who use soap-based shampoo bars generally avoid cones because the shampoo bars can't wash them off so they build up.

Heidi_234
December 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Here's an article: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

Gilly
April 10th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know if this is water soluable?
divinyldimethicone
I have no idea, I was told it was but that was by a sales person!