PDA

View Full Version : No Brushing Experiment/Hair Typing

blueroses79
December 19th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I didn't do this quite properly, as I used CO and put some gel in (was going to a party, so I wanted to look sort of groomed). The gel isn't doing much except making it shiny, though. But otherwise, this is what happens if I wash and let airdry without brushing. (It takes me enormous effort not to brush! My hair isn't exactly hard to brush, since it's fine and goes straight when completely wet. I'm not sure I like it this way.... yet. But I am always envying all the lovely waves and curls I see here, so maybe I can get used to it :o At least I've found a way to keep my volume up until the kinky ones I trimmed grow back. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/owlofminerva/Heap%20of%20Images/IMG_1246-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/owlofminerva/Heap%20of%20Images/IMG_1244-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/owlofminerva/Heap%20of%20Images/IMG_1240-1.jpg

So what do you think??

:meditate: *Tries not to brush.*

Heavenly Locks
December 19th, 2009, 01:54 AM
It's GORGEOUS. I think your wave pattern is just, drool worthy! :)

*envy envy envy*

blueroses79
December 19th, 2009, 02:24 AM
It's GORGEOUS. I think your wave pattern is just, drool worthy! :)

*envy envy envy*

Thank you!! :)

marikamt
December 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I am no expert, but you may be a 2B or even a 2c based on what the front looks like......

My 1c/ 2a hair is very jealous.... ;)

Arctic
December 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Very pretty waves! It took me a long time to get used to my waves, but I did and I love them now :)

lapushka
December 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I'd say 2a or 2b. I'm thinking more 2b.

Pixna
December 19th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Sounds like your hair behaves a lot like mine. I think yours looks gorgeous like this, but I totally understand your desire to brush. With me, it's combing. Plus, I just don't like having to put goop in my hair. In addition, I shed a lot, and when my hair is gelled, I can't get the shed hairs out -- so then I shed a TON in the shower (when I wash my hair) and the shed hairs just drop out willy nilly everywhere once it's dry.

So while I think your hair looks VERY pretty like this (and your color is fabulous, by the way!), if you have the same issues I do, it may be a style you'll only want to wear occasionally. Otherwise, you might drive yourself a tad crazy (like I did -- which is why I returned to combing).

As far as your hair type, I'd say 2b (since your texture reminds me a lot of my own).

spidermom
December 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Very pretty. I'll go along with 2B.

PatGear
December 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
The back looks like 2a, the front looks like 2b, but it may be because the front is shorter.

Sammich
December 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Lovely waves! I love them to death!

I wish mine had waves. When I did the experiment I was only as 'wavy' as I was when I combed it really... well a bit more wavy but that was it. >< Only the shoulder length bits. *Sigh* But I guess that length normall does sort of curve out right?

mommy101405
December 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'm not good at hair typing but I would love to know where you got that top. Its really cute. (sorry off topic i know)

and your hair looks really good. I am thinking though its that's about a 2b i am more in the 1's.

ratgirldjh
December 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I think it looks great! And IMO you could even do without the gel!

When I let mine dry like this it is much wavier than it is if I don't. In fact when I used to comb it before letting it air dry I actually believed I had straight hair!!!

blueroses79
December 19th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I discovered that sleeping on this style really doesn't work. It got smooshed, so I had to brush it this morning. How do those of you who wear your hair wavy deal with smooshing? I've only been washing a couple times a week, and usually my hair looks best (when I'm going for shine and smoothness) on the second or third day.

blueroses79
December 19th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not good at hair typing but I would love to know where you got that top. Its really cute. (sorry off topic i know)

and your hair looks really good. I am thinking though its that's about a 2b i am more in the 1's.

It was Sears, last Christmas. Juniors department. :cool:

JamieLeigh
December 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Those are some gorgeous waves...and I LOVE LOVE that shirt!! :D

mommy101405
December 20th, 2009, 08:50 AM
It was Sears, last Christmas. Juniors department. :cool:

Darn, well it looks great on you. Teal is a good color for you.