PDA

View Full Version : Q about S&D???

Bellalalala
December 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM
So, I started my first S&D a couple days ago.
I work on it until my vision starts going and then take a break.

I didn't find many split ends or white spots, and after a few hours on one spot, my hair didn't feel much better. My ends still felt tangly, rough and knotted.

I did notice that I have a lot of weird kinked ends, like a little bend in the last few millimeters of hair. I cut a ton of these off and now my hair feels much better.

Does anyone else get these? Should I be cutting them off?

Thanks

Captain Nikki
December 18th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Yes & yes.:)

Krifantasy
December 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yes, I get these too. I have always cut them off.

Heidi_234
December 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM
It depends. It could be updo-caused kinks which might go away if you wet the hair. But it sounds like your hair is either damaged or suffering from build up. If it's damage then obviously any trimming, even selective S&D helps.

Sissy
December 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
It depends. It could be updo-caused kinks which might go away if you wet the hair. But it sounds like your hair is either damaged or suffering from build up. If it's damage then obviously any trimming, even selective S&D helps.

what Heidi said! If they are possibly caused by an updo then I would not cut them but if they are damage then I do cut them.

Keildra
December 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I get these too but i don't cut them unless it's a full trim

BunnyBee
December 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I cut them off (the ones bent at a right-angle) because they like to tangle with other hairs if I don't. Mine are definitely from damage. The bends from updos are curved and not sharply angled like these.

baobhan sith
December 21st, 2009, 12:11 PM
On my hair it gets more of these when it's quite dry, and after they've bent past a certain angle i just regard it as damage, because it doesn't go back. I think maybe the inside of the hair almost snaps or something?

Bellalalala
January 2nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
So, over the holidays, I cut out a ton of these 90 degree kinked ends and my hair felt sooo much better.

However, after only a week, they're back.

Maybe the last few inches of my hair are easily damaged. Almost all of my hair is virgin except for the last few inches. I only have 6 months left to grow out my APL length hair for my wedding, so I want to cut as little as possible.

melikai
January 3rd, 2010, 12:40 AM
My ends are like this too. I can only try to prolong the time between trims as best I can with lots of DTs and oiling. Mine are from old dye as well.

Ally<3
January 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
Yes I always cut off the little bends. Some times I go a little crazy and end up with shorter hair. My bad, I have a lot of damage... :)