PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Oz show and hair loss.

Olivia23
December 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I just finished watching Dr. Oz and at the end of his show he was giving different tips and one of them was to use lavender oil on your hair everyday to help prevent hair loss. I've never heard of this and of course he did not elaborate on it but I wonder how you would apply it and how much? Do you mix it with water or what?

alys
December 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I've heard that about Lav. EO before, also Thyme, Rosemary, Peppermint, Cayenne pepper - they all stimulate bloodflow to the scalp which is supposed to help with hair health. I don't know if they actually restore dormant follicles or anything like that, but they sure feel good. I use Rosemary and Lav. in a base of grapeseed oil for my scalp massage. Just be careful to dilute properly - too much will burn :)

Madame J
December 18th, 2009, 08:34 AM
There's a link in the VITs thread that's Sticky at the top of the Herbal Haircare forum to a thread about scalp oils for hairloss. It includes a bunch of information about the Aberdeen alopecia study, where they found that a combination of EOs in grapeseed and jojoba oils, massaged into the scalp, helped people regrow more hair than just the carrier oils alone.