PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Easy APL Style Videos

ShadowSwallow
December 17th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I just uploaded two videos to YouTube of two APL styles. :D

"CinnaTwist" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14PJ6h8Njk)
If you can't see the video very well, these are the steps:
1. Gather hair and twist as if starting a cinnabun
2. Instead of turning it into a bun raise the twist straight up
3. Grab the middle of the "tail" and twist it under into a loop
4. Push a hairfork through the tail to secure the loop

This second one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpgZi4_bwE) is a slight modification of a hairknot half-up.

They both have the audio muted, and are slightly dark, so it can be difficult to see the twists on my very dark hair. :p

suicides_eve
December 17th, 2009, 10:13 PM
neat. I love watching videos rather then reading about it. My teacher tells me i'm a visual learner. good job!:D

serious
December 18th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I've been wearing CinnaTwist a lot lately (it has become my everyday style actually, it works for BSL hair too). I just didn't know this style had a name... so, thank you :)

nuxa
December 21st, 2009, 06:10 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay I can do a cinnatwist :cheese:

This is the first up do I can actually do with my hair sticks! thanks :)

HKay
December 21st, 2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks! I will try this today as a change from the regular hair clip.
I'm always mystified at how hair actually stays up. Mine always slides out of it even though it's coarse and thick.

saskia_madding
December 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
I've been wearing the cinnatwist a lot since I just my hair last year from hip to shoulder length. It has really been helping me since a lot of my old standby hairstyles don't work anymore. I'm going to try the half up knot today, which looks very similar to the barette fold on dressy tresses.

nuxa
December 21st, 2009, 07:16 AM
I'm always mystified at how hair actually stays up. Mine always slides out of it even though it's coarse and thick.

I know what you mean! with the layers, bangs, curls and baby hairs, any updo I make just turnes into a mess in no time... but I actualy like it a bit messy :cool:

lapushka
December 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
That cinnatwist! I wear my hair like that with a Ficcare. I thought it was a Peacock with the ends twisted back down again. Well, no matter... In my case, the clip is about in the middle covering the ends.

Laurenji
December 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Thank you so much! I've been trying to find a good hairstyle. I'm starting to get barely enough hair to think about buns and braids again, but they're still all pretty unstable due to my ends wanting to fall out. Thanks again!

ShadowSwallow
December 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
I've been wearing the cinnatwist a lot since I just my hair last year from hip to shoulder length. It has really been helping me since a lot of my old standby hairstyles don't work anymore. I'm going to try the half up knot today, which looks very similar to the barette fold on dressy tresses.

Yep, that's the style it's based off of. :D I did another variation of it today. I managed to flip up my ends and also clip them with the barrette... kind of like a gibson tuck.

And yay! So glad these are being helpful!:cheese: