PDA

View Full Version : "You..don't use shampoo or brush your hair? Gross!"

coscass
December 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
"Isn't your hair greasy?" "Doesn't your hair tangle a lot?" Does it LOOK like my hair is greasy or tangled? I don't understand why people react so negatively when I tell them I don't brush my hair or shampoo it. I get that it's a LITTLE different, but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

How do you react when people say super ignorant things to you about the way you take care of your hair?

Keildra
December 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
"Isn't your hair greasy?" "Doesn't your hair tangle a lot?" Does it LOOK like my hair is greasy or tangled? I don't understand why people react so negatively when I tell them I don't brush my hair or shampoo it. I get that it's a LITTLE different, but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

How do you react when people say super ignorant things to you about the way you take care of your hair?
"Mines not but yours is" no that's a little childish I just smile and say no it isn't or no it doesn't. If they keep going on about it I just ask "does it look that bad?"

danacc
December 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I don't offer information about my hair-washing and non-brushing habits. There's usually no reason to go there.

angelakeats
December 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Haha so funny. I have gotten those comments before.

I say "ah, no it's not, I don't want to ruin my hair..."

but I say it nicely of course ;)

Elainehali
December 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I only tell people who've complimented my hair how I don't wash it.

Nobody has retracted their compliment to tell me I'm dirty :run:

coscass
December 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I don't offer information about my hair-washing and non-brushing habits. There's usually no reason to go there.It actually comes up a lot in convos, more than you'd think. For me, anyway. They ask how I get my hair so curly, or how I get it to do this or that, what products I use, etc.

teela1978
December 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
It actually comes up a lot in convos, more than you'd think. For me, anyway. They ask how I get my hair so curly, or how I get it to do this or that, what products I use, etc.

Saying something along the lines of "I've been working to encourage the curl" and then maybe mentioning a product or two should be sufficent, and is unlikely to get any "eeew" comments :)

Wicked Princess
December 17th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I almost never volunteer information about my hair washing habits. Many people outside of the LHC don't actually know any way to groom their hair OTHER than to wash frequently and brush it. So I never really mind when they don't understand. :)

The one time I mentioned that I don't wash my hair every day to a friend of mine, we ended up talking for a long time about scalp and hair health, and what kind of not-so-commercial products different hair types use to achieve certain looks. She ended up buying me some jojoba oil for Christmas. :D

LittleOrca
December 17th, 2009, 10:48 PM
....but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

I wonder how well that would work....:eyebrows: :rollin:

TheEndlessOcean
December 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, after the first few times people reacted that way I stopped telling them :D

Now if someone wants to know how I get my curls to look good, I tell them I use gel, and if they want to know what shampoo/conditioner I use I tell them Suave Naturals. Both of which are entirely true, I just don't tell them that I only wash it once or twice a week, that I virutally never use shampoo, that I do put oil on it, or that I don't comb/brush it :p

Thegreenkiwi
December 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I usually have people compliment my hair when I tell them what I do (I no 'poo and don't brush so my curls sit together rather than fluffy). I then tell them of the amazing changes my hair went through (ie don't need to wash every day like I was trapped into doing, no more eczema where the shampoos reacted on my fingers and the fact I now have curls when I had limp weird waves before :D). It's not actually something that comes up often for me, but they are usually surprised rather than negative.

Peter
December 17th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I just don't tell people about what I do with my hair. Works for me. :)

teela1978
December 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
"I'm experimenting with gentler washing techniques" can work pretty good as well.

Naamah
December 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I haven't really been asked how I take care of my hair by anyone...haven't really shared it with anyone. Except for my boyfriend, we ended up having a conversation about hair before we started dating. I told him how I take care of my hair, and encouraged him to take better care of his, since he has long hair also. :) He's now a member of LHC But other than him...haven't shared it with anyone besides the people I live with. My mom and brother don't think it's gross that I don't use shampoo, because they can see that it works very well for me. My little brother complimented me on how soft and shiny my hair is today. He even said he may try CO sometime. :D

I'm sure I'll get a negative comment or two eventually, but I don't really care. My hair looks and feels so much healthier to me now, so I'm not going to let a rude comment about not using shampoo/brushing effect me. :)

HKay
December 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I guess the way people react is expected.

Imagine you know something as "true" your entire life and then someone with great hair tells you it's wrong. My first reaction would've also been "OMG :bigeyes:, wouldn't it get greasy?!" You can always say "Well that's what I also thought at first but I found out it's not true. Do you think my hair looks dirty or greasy?"

Belisarius
December 18th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Yes, i just go along with it. And i exaggerate a lot. But off course the same people admired my hair before.
I don't get it.

jennyjukes
December 18th, 2009, 05:06 AM
i don't tell anyone, i want to keep my secrets to myself :)

although most my friends know i don't wash it everyday, i can go into a "know-it-all" mode when i see friends doing their own hair and i'll gasp and tell them how to do it, i just get sighed at with a "here we go again"! not my problem though :P

Madame J
December 18th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I don't tell people either. Honestly, if someone says my hair looks nice, I say "thank you." I've tried to convince my mom to switch to SLS-free shampoo (since her hair is dry, colored, and looks a little straw-like), since I know I'll never convince her to go more than a day without washing. But other than that, I don't discuss it with people. It probably helps that all my coworkers are short-haired guys who don't care about my grooming habits.

I slipped and told one coworker/friend about buying Indian herbs for my hair, and he said "You put herbs on your hair?" "Yeah, what do you put on your hair?" "Chemicals." And that was that. No further discussion. He thinks I'm a little bit of a hippie anyway.

hmmm
December 18th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Man, I don't even tell people I henna my hair... someone asked me why my hair looks red in the sun and asked me if I dyed it, and I said 'yes'. I only discuss hair care with one friend, and even my mom doesn't know I put methi and honey on my head :D ...and once tried to put a banana in it too. She also doesn't know what my aloe vera plant is used for. If I don't tell my mom these things, I'm unlikely to be telling other people!

bumblebums
December 18th, 2009, 06:56 AM
The only person who knows is my boyfriend, and even though he makes fun of me a bit, I can take it because it's all in good humor. I was at his house the other day and forgot whipped up some olive oil and honey to wash my face because I forgot lotion. I put the container in the kitchen sink, and when he saw it, he said, "were you making shampoo again?" I indignantly said "no, and I am offended at the accusation." He said "maybe you're offended because you are secretly ashamed of your shampoo-making activities!" I am pretty sure this isn't true, but he is onto something. I don't advertise my hair routine because I know people would think it's weird; Americans can be very dogmatic about hygiene. But if anyone asks me, I'd be happy to explain why I do what I do.

embee
December 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Some things are just TMI for some people, so I don't discuss my hair stuff. I'm not interested in defending myself or my decisions. :)

Anje
December 18th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I occasionally do tell people, but I usually put it in a little context. "I've found that my hair gets really clean using only conditioner," comes across a lot better than, "I don't use shampoo." I would imagine that "I only comb my hair when it's wet so I don't break up the curls," is a lot less repulsive to people than, "I never brush my hair." Most people don't distinguish between brushing and combing anyway.

Then again, DH likes all my goofy hair experiments, because I'm always the sort who's experimenting with something anyway. And I'm largely around scientist types, who tend to be receptive to oddball things if they understand that it works. (Told a labmate about neti the other day. He was totally interested. But in my experience, science nerds are often the sort who look past the 'that's weird' aspect and get to 'does it work' right away.)

I get that it's a LITTLE different, but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

I think I'll pass. My hair doesn't like protein. :p

GlassEyes
December 18th, 2009, 07:25 AM
It doesn't really work that well. The blood of children tends to be too sticky. Now, adults, on the other hand...XD;

All joking aside, I won't tell people how I care for my hair unless I think the person is not going to be terribly offended. Otherwise, when I'm asked I tell them I 'don't do anything special', which is usually, subconciously, what they want to hear other than "I use such and such miracle product" or whatever. Anything beyond that last one is usually cause for trouble. :(

Gvnagitlvgei
December 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
LOL. That reminds me of people who would say they didn't want to touch Afro hair because it was greasy...assuming it was greasy and/or dirty. I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

hennaphile
December 18th, 2009, 07:31 AM
but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

Dangit, you gave my beauty secret away :eyebrows:

But seriously, people are used to a prescribe routine based off of learned behavior... if they'd learned COing and combing, people who brushed and shampooed would be the weirdoes.

Don't feel bad, we get you here :flower:

JenniferNoel
December 18th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I generally only bring up my hair routine when someone asks about it (i.e. "How do you get your hair to do that, it's so shiny, what do you use on it?" etc.), and if someone reacts negatively, I tend to give a dreadfully boring lecture in desperate hopes to get said person to understand. :o

JamieLeigh
December 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I normally don't volunteer the sordid details of my relationship with my hair unless someone is genuinely asking my advice about their hair, or says, "what do you do to yours to get it so shiny, long, wavy, etc?" Then, I generally shake them by the shoulders and yell, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!" :p

No, really. I will tell people my routine if they ask, and they seem genuinely interested (such as in the conditioner aisle at the drugstore). But for the most part, things like that tend to gross people out. I'm not sure why, but it does.

enfys
December 18th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I don't tell people unless they are very very close friends or mention it first. I have a friend who has long hair and she doesn't wash every day either. I have two friends with shorter hair and they can see quite obviously why I use more conditioner than shampoo. I have a friend who makes her own body products and we talk about oils.

There's a time and a place and it's hard to work out who to talk to when about what if it comes up.

Also, be light hearted about it. One friend also wet herself when I told her about catnip and now it's a running joke. Do I care? No, my hair's better than hers.

Carolyn
December 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I don't have to react because I never ever bring up the topic of hair with friends or family. It's very rare that I get a question about hair. If I do I give them a short vague generic reply. No one is really interested. LHC is the only place to talk hair.

scrumtrulescent
December 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I've only been doing 'weird' things to my hair since September, when I began 'no-poo' (the baking soda/acidic rinse route). I got so excited about it, that I think I may have been a little too open about my hair care/skin care routines... I felt like I was an evangelical Christian preaching the freaking GOSPEL! I could see the strange looks from my friends... generally they received it pretty well (I even got a few converts) but I've realized that I should probably be a little more mysterious about my ways... I don't want to give people an excuse to critique my appearance more harshly. But I do think it's good to be a little open about it if a friend really does seem interested in bettering their hair health or doing the more earth-friendly thing.

jojo
December 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM
They pull their face when I say I use oils on my hair but I just say well each to their own.

It doesnt really bother me I am just like "whatever".

CaliRose
December 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
If anyone has a good comeback to this reaction, do tell. A co-worker was complaining to a group of other co-workers about her hair thinning (Note: Her recent shed was due to *extensive* bleaching and straightening methods, not something out of her control.)

Other person: "Is there a particular shampoo you use?"
Me: "Actually, the thing I've found to help are vitamins. I recently started taking (names just a few) and these thinner places seemed to have filled out. See?"

I show her where my baby fine hairline is now thicker. (And honestly, looks better, I think....certainly not werewolf-ish, as her reaction seemed to indicate!)

Her: "You *grew* more hair?? Ew. Oh, that is grossss!!"

Sure I grew it...what the heck does she think I should I do? I didn't want to sound rude (she got a little huffy in an earlier conversation when the topic of how damaging bleaching and straightening on top of already bleached hair can be) so I thought I'd offer some other, general healthy advice...

ItsMyHair
December 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I think I do tend to divulge too much of my hair care routine. People always seem really astounded that I have such a wealth of information about hair in general. I think I forget that other people hardly think about their hair at all.

Sissy
December 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I don't usually talk to people about it but the people I have mentioned it to seem to understand that shampoo is something that can be overused and drying for hair... either they agree or they just don't want to offend me by saying anything!

alys
December 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I agree with Wicked Princess, most people follow the conventional rules of haircare. They can't help not knowing any different. I was once at that place and don't consider myself back then an ignoramus :) I just didn't know. Most of my friends think what I do and dont do with my hair is nuts. I can tell from the goofy looks. They are just polite enough to keep it to themselves for the most part:)
If I hadn't seen results of a CO routine up close, I would certainly at the least have wondered if the hair is left greasy and lank. I'm sure I aksed a few people here about it.

Speckla
December 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I just let time and evidence speak for itself before I mention to some people. I've learned not to tell everyone 'cause most people think it's gross.

BigDreams
December 19th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I used to be THAT person.

her "Well, actually I only wash my hair once every week or two"
Me "WOW. Umm....ew."

I don't think it was the not washing hair that grossed me out, for some reason I just assumed that meant she only showered once every week or two. Which I now realize people can also do and still have good hygeine (though can't say I'd ever try it).

I have no problem talking about my haircare routine and I just keep in mind it is A LOT different from what people are used to, so I expect reactions like that. I do CO washes every night or every other night, so I just call that washing my hair out of habit, so no one really questions it. The one I get ALL the time though is "You don't brush your hair?! Really?!" even my friend, who has tail bone length hair and washes every three weeks, was SHOCKED that I didn't brush my hair.

Speckla
December 19th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I sometimes egg certain people on though. I mention that I never brush my hair, I never take showers, and so on.

Well, I comb my hair and I take baths daily instead of showers. :D

morguebabe
December 19th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I get that it's a LITTLE different, but it's not like I tell them I soak my hair in the blood of innocent children and a little rosemary every night.

DBF and just LOL'd...... Thats hilarious.

But yeah I'm always like Does it look tangled or greasy?

Athena's Owl
December 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
"how do you get your hair to do that?"

"honestly? I get the hell out of the way and let my hair do what it wants to do, and what it wants to do is be these inch wide snakey curls. it's my natural hair."

"how do you style it?"

"there are certain gels and styling creams I like, but there's no such thing as a single miracle product that works for everyone or we'd all use that, right? anyway, I use an absolute crapton and then let it air dry indoors without touching it, and it turns out like this."

(do I say aloe vera gel and coconut oil? nope! they can assume expensive salon product if they like.)

CrisDee
December 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I was another one that just followed the mainstream protocol until I got bronchitis last summer. I tend to watch infomercials when I'm sick ("And if you act now..."), and I caught the one about that Wen stuff that Melissa Gilbert hawks. I kind of listened between the lines and heard them talking about it being a "cleansing conditioner" and discussing how odd it was at first to cleanse their hair without suds. I thought, hmmm, wonder if you could do that with plain old regular conditioner? So I tried it - and my hair was gorgeous! I felt so freakin ripped off by the shampoo companies! Wonder if you could draw a parallel to the Wen stuff for people who don't understand CO, and take it from there?

Thinthondiel
December 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I only tell people I know won't go "Eewwww" about the fact that I hardly ever use shampoo, and just rinse with water the rest of the time.

I told a friend of mine yesterday, and she didn't think it was gross at all - she even asked me if I'm able to go longer without a wash before it gets greasy now than when I shampooed. And she was really impressed with the fact that when I do shampoo (with SLS shampoos, that is), I can go about a week without washing before it starts looking greasy. And then she said "They've been ripping us off, making us think we need to shampoo!" :cheese:

Arctic
December 19th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I still use shampoo and my hair care is not that different from the mainstream. However I do have told my friends about CO and CWC and oilings, etc etc and they have been very interested and one even tried the oiling herself! When I was new member I was very excited about these hair care things and it was hard not to talk about them, these days I just realize most people find this a boring and/or weird subject of interest and I mostly keep my hair talk here on LHC.

One thing that makes oiling more "acceptable" is talkiing about hot oil treatments, they are kind of main stream, right? I have gotten good results with that method, and also telling how for example in India oiling hair is a very long tradition.

On reducing shampoo: I have also found that many people experience shampoo as drying, so it's common sense to them to explain that you can reduce shampoo, use it sparingly on scalp only, or dilute it. If person has really dry scalp and hair I have found they are usually open for CO suggestions.

These days I find recommeding CO (and also CWC in a lesser degree) a bit problematic as it didn't work for me personally and I would also need to explain about buildup, it's symptoms and about how and when to clarify, about different ingredients like coating agents and protein/moisture balance, etc. :laugh:

funnybunny668
December 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
On the few times I've gotten into the discussion of hair care with anyone outside LHC, after a few moments they either get that glazed look in their eyes or say something like "uh huh, so any way..." and change the subject. DH just kinda rolls his eyes. LOL

Gothic Lolita
December 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
If I approach the subject carefully and don't tell any "really hardcore LHC stuff like Sebum Only" my best friends is quite open. We both managed to wash less and although she doesn't believe in all the LHC-rules, she now sometimes used ACV rinses and asks for advice, if there's something wrong with her hair.
Same with my BF. I can't tell him everything about my routine, how often I wash, etc. but he's a longhair too and I convertet him to herbal shampoo and even using condish, selfmade deodorant... he's still learning :D

misspriss
December 19th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I tell people sometimes, I never get any "Ew Gross" reactions, because my hair always looks good when I tell them :)

I just say "I don't use shampoo, I wash my hair with conditioner", or "I don't use shampoo, just conditioner".

Yozhik
December 19th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I wish CO would work for me, after reading about how wonderfully it works for all of you! Maybe I'm not using it correctly . . . ?

In any case, I have been reducing the amount of washings, and oiling, and DBF wholeheartedly supports me, as does my mother. I don't really care what anyone else thinks, although I couldn't hide a little recoiling in horror when one of my friends who hadn't seen me in a while complimented me on my length, then suggested that I cut it so that "it would grow faster."

Sigh. I didn't even go into the whole thing, though.

kiana
December 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
i dont brush my hair at all because i goes frizzy,i just srunch it

basak
December 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I don't wash my hair more than twice a week either. But I also don't shower every day, my average is... well, when I wash my hair I shower too. I'm sure there are tons of people in this very forum that would flinch at that. :shrug:

misspriss
December 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I don't wash my hair more than twice a week either. But I also don't shower every day, my average is... well, when I wash my hair I shower too. I'm sure there are tons of people in this very forum that would flinch at that. :shrug:

HAHAHA...I tell people I let how often I wash my hair dictate how often I shower, and since I wash my hair less and less....:D :eyebrows:

pepperminttea
December 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM
After the first "you only wash your hair once a week?!" comment, I avoid telling people.

Debra83
December 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I've only been doing 'weird' things to my hair since September, when I began 'no-poo' (the baking soda/acidic rinse route). I got so excited about it, that I think I may have been a little too open about my hair care/skin care routines... I felt like I was an evangelical Christian preaching the freaking GOSPEL! I could see the strange looks from my friends... generally they received it pretty well (I even got a few converts) but I've realized that I should probably be a little more mysterious about my ways... I don't want to give people an excuse to critique my appearance more harshly. But I do think it's good to be a little open about it if a friend really does seem interested in bettering their hair health or doing the more earth-friendly thing.

Speaking as an evangelical Christian that preaches the... ...GOSPEL, it IS exciting to get converts!!!! I gladly, openly, promote on a soapbox my faith....not so much my hair care antics!!!! :cheese:;)

Cherry_Sprinkle
December 20th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I don't tell them.. and if they ask about my brush I simply say "I don't brush, I finger comb because otherwise my hair frizzes". If they ask about deep conditioning and so on I tell them but the topic of shampoo rarely comes up and when it does, I am honest.

practikalmagik
December 20th, 2009, 04:06 AM

I'm with you on that. I don't smell and I'm not dirty or sweaty (especially this time of year) so why do I need to wash every day?

Crysta
December 20th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Told a couple of people about CO washes, people I know anyway (it;s not like I talk to randomers about my hair) and they just seemed pretty interested (and willing to try it) but then again i have some silly friends who's proberly go for OP's blood and rosmary method :P

Thinthondiel
December 20th, 2009, 05:57 AM

I shower about twice a week as well, although I wash my armpits and my, um, private area, every day. It's not like I get sweaty/dirty anywhere else unless I do hard physical work.

Tangles
December 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
My parents think oiling is gross. I tell them that I'd rather have greasy hair for a day or two than have my hair break off. They don't agree.

Aries_jb
December 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I rarely tell people what I do with my hair. Since it's curly, most people just ask me if it's natural or if I do something to make it "that way". I typically just say, "No, I just use a little gel and it does the rest". :)

I've tried in the past to convert my sister but she will not have any of it. I bought her about 20 different shampoo and soap bars from Chagrin Valley some years ago and every time she visits, she always has her Suave shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in hand. To each their own.

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2009, 08:17 PM
So I was just curious, do you guys *never* use shampoo? Or just only do rinses with conditioner part of the time?

I shampoo my hair about 2-1 times a week, but I think mine would become a little bit too oily personally. But I am somewhat curious what would happen.

Keildra
December 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
So I was just curious, do you guys *never* use shampoo? Or just only do rinses with conditioner part of the time?

I shampoo my hair about 2-1 times a week, but I think mine would become a little bit too oily personally. But I am somewhat curious what would happen.
I never use shampoo I CO wash which actually takes care of the greasyness pretty well, and I know there are some who only use water to wash their hair its just their preference.

Aries_jb
December 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM

I used to CO wash, but have since switched to CV bars and sulfate-free shampoo, but I still don't wash every day. Admitting that to people still gets the same grossed out reaction, so I just don't reveal that tidbit anymore. In the past though, I would just reply, "Well what are you doing that you need to shampoo every day?" :)

Sissy
December 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM
well I replied to this before and said I don't really tell people so I don't really get a reaction. But now... it just happened yesterday at Target. A woman was asking a store clerk about Giovanni line and I was grabbing for my Yes To Carrots and I told her yes Giovanni is organic and it is a very good line and I have used the shampoo but that I don't really shampoo so I use the conditioner much more. She was like... what do you mean you don't shampoo your hair is so long and beautiful and she reached out and took a handfull of my hair and put her hand down the length of it! It caught me off guard and I was a little embarrassed so I just said, well it probably wouldn't be if I shampooed too much because it's drying. I probably should have explained CO washing method with cheapie conditioners... I hope she doesn't go home and try to just not use conditioner ever again lol.

Tildazinha
December 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
If people are interested, I don't mind telling them. I'm very glad I heard about CO since my hair is much more beautiful now then when I used schampoo, so I don't see why not to let others know what might help them with their hair. If they are interested of course. My husband was VERY sceptic to start with, but after seeing how well it has worked for me he's changed his mind and is now using it too. My mother and a friend also CO and loving it.

I've stopped trying to convice my sister though, even though I think it might be good for her psorisis (spelled how?) on her scalp to not use shampoo that will dry her scalp and hair.

ysabet
December 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Usually I get complimented on my hair and say 'Yeah, I'm pretty sure I last used shampoo on it a month or so ago, because I can't find one that doesn't turn my hair into a giant ball of frizz.' Works for me.

SunshineHair
December 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Untill I came to this website 3 days ago I didnt know hardly a thing about how to 'properly' take care of hair!

Although some people are not great at stopping their comments, they are taught what the commercials are telling them, what salon stylists are telling them, they do not know better.

I myslef was surprised to learn that many do not wash their hair, that you condition only. I did reason in my hair there must be a reason but on the moment conversations like you get people must not process that fast!

So far I have put up some tips I have learned here and shared it with many of my friends on my facebook page!!

I will say though, if they actually tell you thats gross, that is VERY rude!