PDA

View Full Version : Latisse on our noggins?

MAO
December 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
So I was just reading the reviews on Makeup Alley and it got me to thinking.....If people are allowed to use Latisse to grow eyelashes, how come nobody has bottled this for the hair on our heads? I would be first in line to buy!

Ursula
December 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Would it work? Eyelash hair is quite different from head hair. Just look at the difference in terminal lengths! I'm not sure that a product that promotes ideal eyelash-hair-growth would be appropriate for head hair.

manderly
December 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Plus isn't it absurdly expensive and the results go away when you stop using it?

Rapunzal2Be
December 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Yes, it is sold at around $120 per month supply for lashes. If you buy generic you can get it for around $10 per month supply, with $25 shipping from overseas. But either way - the cost for the amount you would need to go on your head would be prohibitive.

And yes, as soon as you stop using it your eyelashes shed out and the new growth is your normal length/thickness.

young&reckless
December 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Latisse is a medicine developed form one used for some type of eye disease. The people useing it relised it made their eyelashes grow thicker and longer as a side effect.

I don't think a wierd chemical side effect is something I would want on my head.:p

SeaShell
December 17th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I use Lilash (similar to latisse) on my lashes and they are super super long an thick now...I've thought about using it on my head, but if it costs $140 for a little tube I could never afford that to go all over my head!!

Elainehali
December 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I could see using something similar to fill in bald spots. All over would probably still be too expensive.

Keildra
December 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I listened to the side effects on the commercials, they mentioned brown spots on eyes and permanent brown iris pigmentation (turns the eyes brown). I don't want a brown scalp, and I love my hair color. It has a lot of other side effects so I don't know if I would even trust it for my eyelashes

Rapunzal2Be
December 18th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I use Lilash (similar to latisse) on my lashes and they are super super long an thick now...I've thought about using it on my head, but if it costs $140 for a little tube I could never afford that to go all over my head!!

I use Lilash as well. I stopped for about a month or so and my lashes all shed out and went right back to 'normal' :( booooooo. I've gotten a new tube now, but I think when this is done I'm going to switch to Lumigan (generic Latisse). Much more affordable.

MAO
December 18th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I use Lilash as well. I stopped for about a month or so and my lashes all shed out and went right back to 'normal' :( booooooo. I've gotten a new tube now, but I think when this is done I'm going to switch to Lumigan (generic Latisse). Much more affordable.

Bummer Rapunzal!
Oh well, I can still dream about it;) My hair doesn't seem to be growing as fast this winter as it was last year:(

Rapunzal2Be
December 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Bummer Rapunzal!
Oh well, I can still dream about it;) My hair doesn't seem to be growing as fast this winter as it was last year:(

Have you tried MN, MegaTek, or DE? I've tried/am trying them all! LOL

alys
December 19th, 2009, 07:05 AM
To me the idea of something that effects rapid cellular changes going anywhere on my body for non-essentaial, (non-life-saving), reasons is scary. What could the active ingredient actually DO to the skin and follicles to make them rapidly produce like that, only to cease almost as soon as use is discontinued? There has been nothing else that can do that for hair loss, nothing thus far. There has never been any non-plastic means to change the color an iris. People go to Panama to have implants put in over thier iris to change the color 'permanently', sure, and buy color contacts. But what is Latisse actually doing in there, and how could it possibly be good for hair and skin cells to be in constant overdrive from chemical stimulus? I hope for everyone who is using it that there are no ill effects! I too would love to have long eye lashes - they are so pretty. But I'm afraid....