PDA

View Full Version : Proper moisture

coscass
December 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Probably a really dumb question, but the more moisture that your hair sucks in, will it get shorter? I'm noticing a difference in length definitely since I started cowashing, but wasn't sure if I was just imagining things.

If you look in my album, (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4496) my hair looked like the curls were being stretched out and weighted down and dull. Now they look a lot better, but my hair just seems shorter.

Another question: I want to be sure I'm not overconditioning. Would it be a bad idea to throw in a protein conditioner every couple of weeks with my type of hair, as long as there aren't any cones? I'm just a little confused, I can't seem to find my own routine. So far I've only been cowashing and love it, but if I keep up with just this, my hair won't start getting messed up will it? I just don't know what I need, and if I go back to beauty school and ask, they'll just want to load me up with products and tell me to cut it again.

Shicurls
December 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Generally the hair does get "shorter" when it gets more moisture. Have you notice it becoming more curly or wavy? That can lead to loss of length. The hair strand itself doesn't actually shrink, it just waves more.:shrug:

coscass
December 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Generally the hair does get "shorter" when it gets more moisture. Have you notice it becoming more curly or wavy? That can lead to loss of length. The hair strand itself doesn't actually shrink, it just waves more.:shrug:
Not so much curlier or wavier, but thicker, definitely. I was just surprised when I saw the before and after pictures of only a week of cowashing, it looks like I've lost an inch lol

manderly
December 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
For curlies, yes, it does tend to make the curl stronger and your hair shrinks because of it :)