PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a Ketylo colour stick for me?

julliams
December 17th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I am a natural Strawberry blonde. The colours that appeal to me are Vineyard, Fuschia, Turquoise and Tahitian Jadewood. I just can't afford to buy all of them and would like some suggestions. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2511/4191890499_3ac51ce76d.jpg This pic has some Alice in Wonderland hairsticks I just bought from Etsy - very cute. It just gives an idea of my colour and how the sticks sit in my hair. These ones are 6"

Thanks in advance.

Juliette

Alveradis
December 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
hello,

i would go for tahitian jadewood and afterwards fuchsia...i think both lighter colours would harmonize with your hair better than the darker variations of them.

Jannike
December 17th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I would also recommend the jadewood, that's such a warm and lovely green for warmer shades of hair. I choose that one for myself too, although I don't have your lovely strawberry blonde hair (which is my favourite hair colour by the way :p) but I have a bit of gold in mine and that is great with this green. I had a hard time of choosing between the jade and the turquoise too.
As for the Fuchsia or Vineyard, I think both would be nice, it depends on if you want a solid coloured stick or not. I do think the Fuchsia is a bit lighter though and that it would suit your hair just as Alveradis said.

pilateschick7
December 17th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I think Jadewood could look very pretty with your coloring. However, my T. Jadewood Ketylo fork is almost grass green VERY light/bright in color. I am probably going to put it on the swap board because I wear darker green clothes.

Have you considered a Pink Ivory Ketylo? I based on your stick in the picture I think it would look beautiful with your hair color.

lapushka
December 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'd say anything goes, but be a little bit careful with the reddish tones, some might be okay, others might not be.

motormuffin
December 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I think the jadewood would look fantastic..next in line would be vineyard.

DMARTINEZ
December 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have the fuschia and vineyard,amongst many others. My ultimate favorite is the Vineyard, I just LOVE all the colors in it. I say wear ANY color,they would all look fine in your hair. :)

Deb

ravenreed
December 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
My next ketylo will be in vineyard. I love that combination of colors.

lapushka
December 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Raspberry twist is one of my favorites and camo is nice too!

melikai
December 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow! What a gorgeous colour your have!

I like the Turquoise better for your hair than the Jadewood - the Jadewood is more of a bright green.

PS: Where on Etsy did you get those sticks? They're great.

Tabitha
December 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Another vote for the Turquoise here :thumbsup:

julliams
December 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Yes I'm leaning towards the turquoise myself as I really don't want grass green. I'm worried it would look like my kids had painted a stick using school paint.

The sticks I have in my pic are from http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36757395&ref=sr_list_1&&ga_search_query=hair+sticks+teapot&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I just love them. My hair is a little short though as I find it drops out of the style after a while but it could also me that I haven't quite got the skill as yet. I sent her a picture and she asked to use it on her website, so that's why you will see my picture there.

Juliette

julliams
December 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I went with the turquoise. I had a little trouble at first but now I find they hold very well. I think the trick is not to rotate them as you are inserting them - just push them in.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4226639327_c2b671cb10.jpg

melikai
December 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
They look great. :thumbsup: