PDA

View Full Version : One year Anniversary

patience
December 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Has it already been a year? :)

Well, I'm not very happy to post my progress pictures. I've been dealing with some major stress lately and my hair seems to be showing signs of it. In the past month, I've had major breakage on my dyed ends and way too much shedding to my already thin hair.

Well, here is where I started last December. I started growing out my virgin hair.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/patiencefulltime/DSC00167_2.jpg

This is me today.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2746&pictureid=57751
I darkened the bleached hair a couple of months ago (not touching the virgin hair). I'm contemplating cutting several inches off.... I'm not sure yet. You can see how thin the ends are especially since I started this major shedding problem. I'm not rushing to cut it though.

Fireweed
December 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Your hair looks lovely and I can see it has growen a good amount.

Liluri
December 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, your hair looks lovely. I really like the colour.

plainjanegirl
December 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Your hair looks so smooth and glossy !

Sorry about your shedding problems. You are not alone. I have had alot of stress and the holidays are not helping . I keep trying to remind myself to calm down and relax and enjoy things more but it is soooo hard. The bad thing about stress affecting our hair is the stress can be gone and you can still lose hair months later - ugh so not fair.

KarpatiiSiv
December 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary. Your hair looks very pretty. I'm sorry to hear about the shedding problem, you are definitely not alone.:flowers:

patience
December 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you Fireweed, Liluri, plainjanegirl and KarpatiiSiv. :flowers:

camirra555
December 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Congrats on the one year. You got some good growth over the past year! Did you trim at all?

suicides_eve
December 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Very pretty hair. I personally like the fairy tail endings.

little_acorn
December 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Happy anniversary :flowers: your hair does look great and looks longer too :)

Ryanne
December 17th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Congratulations! :flower: Very pretty hair.

Aditi
December 17th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Congrats on your one year anniversary :flower: you have got great hair and very good growth than the last year.

maaria
December 17th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Congrats to you :flowers:

brok3nwings
December 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM
you have such a lovely hair! Im sorry to hear about your shedding, i´ve had a lot of shedding to..so your not alone. I actually like your fairy tale ends ;)

LittleOrca
December 17th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I can definitely see some growth! Congrats! :) :cheer:

windinherhair
December 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is pretty! I really like your user name "Patience." That is what it takes. :)

Medievalmaniac
December 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM
congratulations on your one-year anniversary! You've definitely gotten some good growth, and I love the fairy tail you are developing. :o) Hang in there with the shedding...it does get better!!

patience
December 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Thank you, camirra555,
Yes, I did trim about 2 inches this past year.

suicides_eve, little_acorn, Ryanne, Aditi, maaria, brok3nwings, LittleOrca, windinherhair, and Medievalmaniac Thank you all for your very sweet comments. I appreciate them greatly. :flowers:

And a big hug to everyone else dealing with shedding :grouphug:

rogue_psyche
December 18th, 2009, 12:28 AM
You hair is actually growing nicely. You've just passed the point where milestones are closer together and it seems like your hair grows overnight. And unless you are having health concerns, imagine each shed hair as a hair starting over as virgin hair, rather than a hair gone. Eventually your whole head will be made up of those new, undyed hairs.

Anyway congrats on a year of LHC! :cheese:

Savvyhorsez
December 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Happy anniversary :flowers: your hair does look great and looks longer too :)

Ditto! Congrats!

JamieLeigh
December 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
That's great growth for one year. :flower: I'm not an expert at all on bleach damage (I did a major chop in '98 that got rid of most of mine), but if you are unhappy with your ends, maybe you could maintain where you are until it's gone? You look like you're at the tailbone-length milestone at the longest part. Overall, your hair is very pretty!! Happy One-Year! :D