PDA

View Full Version : We're doing it right. (pics)

Dreams_in_Pink
December 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
OMG I've got waves!!! :cheese:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5587/wave2u.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9269/waves1v.jpg

These were taken right after bath today.

My hair used to look like a fuzzy hairball after washing, but now thanks to the inspiration and information i received from this place, I finally manages to see my NATURAL WAVES after wash!! (if only i had a before pic for comparison)

It's still frizzier than most people, due to damage caused by excessive heat (in the form of flat-irons or hot showers or blow-driers) Still, i can now tell i'm on the right track!!

Things i changed in my routine are:
* washing with cold water instead of hot. This also tamed my dandruff problem.
* Using shampoo only once and only on scalp. I used to shampoo it again and again till my head was covered in foam. :rolleyes:
* Use low-heat setting while blowdrying.
* NEVER brushing or combing while damp and drying. This one made the huge change :D
* Oiling. No more smelly cone-loaded conditioners!

I'm planning to go further in haircare from now on. My goals are:
* Start WO washing.
* Satin pillowcase.
* Get the habit of massaging scalp every day (this will be tough)
* Grow waist-length hair.

As my closing statements, i'd like to thank everyone here on LHC for being such an inspiration and pursuing people to stop and think about what they're doing to their hair.

Cya guys around, and stay LONG! :cheese:

contradiction
December 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Your hair looks great! Good for you. I will be looking forward to seeing your progress.:)

little_acorn
December 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Congrats on your waves :D and keep up the good work!!

Dreams_in_Pink
December 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you thank you!! :D My hair's fully dried now, the waves are still there!! :cheese:

my hair doesn't look half as good as you guys right now, but i'll keep on working :D

ButterCup02
December 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Your hair looks great! I love the waves :) Sounds like you are on your way to long, healthy hair!

Dreams_in_Pink
December 16th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Oh i wish!! My hair never been healthy before due to ignorance, i wonder how it feels to have long healthy hair!

klcqtee
December 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
My hair type is very similar to yours, and I've found that you also shouldn't brush it while dry, unless you are going to put it up, because that can kill the waves and make your hair stand up and out. It also makes frizz worse, in my experience.

If you brush, then oil and scrunch, it's no big deal, so just something to consider.

Congratulations!

unaspenser
December 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
What gorgeous waves! Congratulations on your progress, and good luck with your new goals! I did WO for a long time (haven't done it due to hard water) and was very happy with it once I figured out that I needed to use cool water instead of hot.

kmangus
December 16th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Great job! :) TLHC is an amazing place to grow (excuse the pun)

jojo
December 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
hey your a wurly and they are cute looking wurls too!

CaityBear
December 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Yay! Feels exciting, doesn't it? :P Your hair does look gorgeous by the way. :)

ArienEllariel
December 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM
good for you! wait.. hot water damages hair too? oh my. maybe that's part of my problem. :/ i'm in a similar situation with breakage and damage from combing/brushing when wet. just think, a little while longer and we'll both have really awesome hair!(not that you don't already have awesome hair, cause you do. :) I wish my hair would wave like that.)

Aditi
December 17th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Your waves look good :thumbsup:

MissThorne
December 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM
Pretty waves!

"NEVER brushing or combing while damp and drying." I usually forget not to do that one.

Yozhik
December 21st, 2009, 09:53 PM
What great progress!
I recently found out thanks to LHC that I have waves too :)
High five -- here's to embracing natural hair and less harmful hair care!

morguebabe
December 22nd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Great waves, nice color too!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
December 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you everyone!!

My hair type is very similar to yours, and I've found that you also shouldn't brush it while dry, unless you are going to put it up, because that can kill the waves and make your hair stand up and out. It also makes frizz worse, in my experience.

I JUST found that out, the hard way ^^; waves are gone.
I'll also skip all kinds of updos (including ponytail) cause those are also destroying my waves. :shake: