PDA

View Full Version : 3rd year Anniversary (picture heavy)

Liluri
December 16th, 2009, 05:30 AM
As of the 14th of December I have been on TLHC for 3 years. I'm very happy with my long hair and I can't wait to see how long it gets :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/liluri/IMG_0660.jpg
When I joined

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/liluri/13990b.jpg
1 year

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/liluri/132080.jpg

2 years

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/liluri/134146.jpg
January 2009 in the same dress as the one today

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/liluri/132567.jpg
And Today (I'll try and get a photo in the day and add it to show the shine)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=58166
Taken in the sunshine

Thanks to all the lovely members of TLHC for making my time here so much fun.

DavidN
December 16th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Congratulations, Liluri, on your 3rd year LHC anniversary! I had no idea that your hair was so long now, and you have made excellent progress since you joined the LHC! Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos.

Loreley
December 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Congrats! Your hair has grown a lot and it's beautiful! :applause

Bluebell
December 16th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Lovely!!! I love your waves and curls!

Stacy_E
December 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful, not just in length but in health and sheen too! Do you CO wash? What is your care routine?

DarkChocolate
December 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
You have made amazing progress:) I love your blunt ends and slight waves too:) Your midnight black color is very pretty:)

windinherhair
December 16th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Very inspiring too. You have been very patient and look how much progress you have made! Happy Anniversary! :)

melrose1985
December 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
thanks for posting... i'm only a little pass my first year of growing and i love seeing that hair really does grow! you hair looks great! so healthy.

nuxa
December 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM
thanks for sharing :) your waves are beautifull !
congrats*

danacc
December 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Beautiful!

amaiaisabella
December 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Your hair is beautiful but I love that dress!

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Wow, what awesome progress, and such gorgeous hair! It looks very thick and healthy! :crush: Happy 3 years!! :cheese:

freckles
December 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
what great progress! congrats! :)

suicides_eve
December 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Very nice! Gosh it looks like your hair grows fast!

Tangerine
December 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
hiya Liluri! Congrats on your 3 years :flower: Your hair's looking amazing!! Thanks for sharing - great to see the progress you've made.
:blossom:

GoddesJourney
December 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Wow! You've put on a lot of length in three years! Furthermore, your (what I couldn't call roots anymore) natural color is really fun. It's definately a task to care for finer hair, so I'd say this has been quite a triumph for you. Very nice. By the way, your little waves are nice, especially now that your hair is long enough that it takes time to admire the whole thing:D!

Stagecoach
December 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Beautiful hair, and what progress!

pinchbeck
December 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You have had lots of patience and it has paid off! Does your hair grow fast (it looks like it does considering how much growth has been achieved in one year)?. How often did you trim in the past three years to keep your ends blunt? Do you take any supplements that supposedly assist in growth (MSM, Biotin, etc.)?

I would love to have a longer length and am looking for ways to get past the urge to cut when my hair gets unmanageable.

mugglemomof3
December 16th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!!! Your hair is breathtaking! :thudpile:

kmangus
December 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
So beautiful!

Kalyca
December 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
congratulations! very nice growth and lovely hair~

patience
December 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

Absolutely beautiful!

Jessikinz
December 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
You have had really good hair improvements and gained incredible length. Thanks for sharing your progress with us all. It sure gives lots of us a boost of motivation :):blossom:

Medievalmaniac
December 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the inspiration!! You have really gotten great growth and condition to your hair. Congratulations on your hair anniversary!!

camirra555
December 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Congrats on three years! Looks great!

rogue_psyche
December 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, awesome growth! :thud:

klcqtee
December 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Wow, there was even such an improvement just between your start picture and 1 year anniversary, it looks so healthy and shiny and soft!

ButterCup02
December 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!! Great growing!

aahavaa
December 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Happy Anniversary!! what great growth and condition! Those waves are awesome also.I'm constantly awed on here by the progress pics of everyone.This forum is such a blessing.

Liluri
December 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thank you for all the lovely compliments :) I really appreciate them.

Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful, not just in length but in health and sheen too! Do you CO wash? What is your care routine?
My routine is; I switch between CWC, with shampoo bars or Alchemy (Akin) shampoo as the wash. The first condition is usually with Aldi 5 star conditioner, Alberto Balsam (old stuff or new stuff without Cones, and then for the last condition I use lots of cones like herbal essences, or an Australian brand Nature's Organics. I have a leave in from Alchemy as well. I henna my hair almost monthly, and I really think that it contributes to thickening my hair shafts and conditioning them. Otherwise I wear my hair up a lot and try not to brush or comb too much.

GoddesJourney thanks for the compliments. There is no natural colours in any of the photos I went from store bought dyes to henna so there's a line of me stopping black dye and a switch to henna with some indigo in it. And yes I do have super fine hair, just lots of it and I feel it's been a feat getting it this long and not getting frustrated with it :)

You have had lots of patience and it has paid off! Does your hair grow fast (it looks like it does considering how much growth has been achieved in one year)?. How often did you trim in the past three years to keep your ends blunt? Do you take any supplements that supposedly assist in growth (MSM, Biotin, etc.)?

I think my hair grows slow, I have about half an inch a month which I think is about average. I have had 3 trims in the three years and I seem blessed with less split ends or I'm just really good at ignoring them. But my ends don't seem to look damaged even when I start noticing lots of splits so I have a trim HTH. I have a Blackmore's supplement for Hair skin and nails that I try and remember to take, I have a daily multi vitamin and some evening primrose and fish oil tablets I take. Otherwise no other supplements.

Liluri
December 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful but I love that dress! Thank you it's from Holyclothing (http://www.holyclothing.com/)

jojo
December 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
oh people like you make me green with envy, you lucky lady all that hair, health and thickness.

Beautiful progress!

Islandgrrl
December 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Happy Anniversary, Liluri! Beautiful, beautiful hair! :cake:

Liluri
December 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments :)

yellowchariot
December 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
*speaks as Yoda* :D
Such Awesomeness, your hair has! :)
A lot of progression, you have made! :thumbsup:
Strong you are, with the length! :luke:

Shermie Girl
December 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Happy Anniversary, Liluri! :flowers:

You have hair of beautifulness. :D

fisher2
December 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
its ur 3 yr anni for here and was my bday on same day wow

Liluri
December 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Happy Anniversary, Liluri! :flowers:

You have hair of beautifulness. :D

Aww thanks, you know I think you've said something lovely every anniversary I've had :)

Liluri
December 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
its ur 3 yr anni for here and was my bday on same day wow

Thank you and I hope you had a happy birthday!

Liluri
December 18th, 2009, 10:49 PM
*speaks as Yoda* :D
Such Awesomeness, your hair has! :)
A lot of progression, you have made! :thumbsup:
Strong you are, with the length! :luke:
You thank I must

Arctic_Mama
December 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
It has become so beautifully long! Happy hair anniversary :)

Aditi
December 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Congrats on 3 years anniversary.... your hair is beautiful and love those waves :flower:

hmmm
December 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Your hair has improved so much! It looks beautiful now, congratulations.

amaiaisabella
December 19th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Thank you it's from Holyclothing (http://www.holyclothing.com/)

I love Holyclothing but they never have anything in my size :(

Yozhik
December 19th, 2009, 04:15 PM
What beautiful hair and progress! I looked at this a couple of days ago and was just blown away! I showed your second photo to DBF and told him that was what I wanted to have (BSL is my short-term, for-now goal). He thought it was beautiful :)
Congratulations on your 3 year goal!