PDA

View Full Version : Bun with no pins or elastics

morguebabe
December 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I just made this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeU0PAFV_Cs)
And I KNOW it's too dark, and little too far away. But Other than that, do you think the video is OK?
PS this bun rocks. My hair is so dark so you can't really see what it looks like but it holds really well.

DaveDecker
December 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Nicely done! It looks very sturdy, too.

Yozhik
December 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Wow! That look great! I can't wait until my hair gets long enough to tie a knot into, much less a bun based around a knot :)

little_acorn
December 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Wow looks great - I just need another foot of hair to do it :D

Quixii
December 15th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, I do that! Not very often, but it does work. :D
And it's so easy to make that style more secure if needed. For gymnastics I do that, but I braid it and use a scrunchie, and it will actually stay the whole work out. (And I get funny looks. "Are you tying your hair in a knot? xD)

Lady Jo
December 15th, 2009, 11:05 PM
yeah it's dark but the video is great! :)

Natalia
December 15th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Lol been doing this one for a while i didnt tknow it was an actual bun :p great video its not to dark at all. One thing thought the captions are a little fast made it hard for me to read. My brain doesnt do well with flashing messages though, it will probably be fine for most people. Wouldmake a great addition tothe hairstyle articles :)

Konstifik
December 16th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Oooh, I love those type of hairdo's. Nicely done! :D Can't wait until I can do those too ^^

francismary
December 16th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Very cool:D
Can't wait for my hair to grow long enough for a simple pony, let alone a neat bun like that or hair toys.

Grow hair, grow!:cheese:

Kirsty
December 16th, 2009, 03:33 AM
:D Aw. My. Gosh. Your hair is absoloutely gorgeous.

The lighting wasn't that bad! You could still see what you were doing.

:( *feels slightly disappointed at growing rate of hair*

morguebabe
December 16th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks everyone. I realize all of us here probablly know how to do it. But I've done it in front of people and I've been told they would have never thought of it. So I figured I'd share with the world.
Thanks.
Im going to try to to make some more more how to ones.

CrisDee
December 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Love the video, great idea! How is the weight distribution with this type of bun? That was my biggest problem when my hair was long, I'd end up with a headache or sore head from too much weight in one place.

plainjanegirl
December 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I have watched the video multiple times, but because it is sooo dark I can't catch it.

Wavelength
December 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I've done this a lot, but I form the knot at the nape of my neck. It doesn't always stay put for me, so I pull apart the bun a little on either side to form two loops of hair, and thread a stick through them like a hair slide. Then it holds like a rock.

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Great video! I do this a lot, actually, and it stays wonderfully. I think you'd really need long long long long hair like we have to be able to do it properly, because the secret is in having it wrap around enough times to be able to stay put. IMHO, anyway. :D

CestMadeleine
December 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Well done! It's a wee bit dark indeed but you can see clearly what you're doing. You should show some end result pics :)

I can't wait to get my hair long enough to do that, I don't like using pins in my hair at all.

LisaB234
December 16th, 2009, 10:32 AM
WOW - I need some SERIOUS length to do this. I have to say, though, I never thought a knot could hold long hair - so I appreciate the video and the knowledge. In the mean time, while I'm growing I can admire your beautiful hair - WOW!! Thanks!

Spike
December 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Lovin' it. I remember when I had enough hair to knot, but the knot would always slither out in two shakes. Now I know I just need to wrap the length.

See you in two-three years, when I have the length again. :cheese:

morguebabe
December 16th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Love the video, great idea! How is the weight distribution with this type of bun?
Its pretty even for me. It's heavy as I have heavy hair.

but because it is sooo dark I can't catch it. Thats why I tried to write out steps and the blurbs. I'm sorry it was my bid I'll try again. I have no overhead lights in my livings (like lights that come with the apartment) so I have put lamps all over.

because the secret is in having it wrap around enough times to be able to stay put. IMHO, anyway. I used to be able to get it stay with a half wrap around, but ONLY if my hair was wet.

GoddesJourney
December 17th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Very nice video. Thank you. One day my hair will be long and thick enough to do that and make it work.

jennydaesy
December 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
your hair are so long and gorgeous.. awesome video