PDA

View Full Version : Hot roller vs. Curling Iron

ttubabe
December 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I just have a quick question on curling my hair. I don't do it often but Christmas is coming up and I want to curl my hair. I normally use a curling iron but I'm thinking of getting some hot rollers. I know they're both damaging but which do you think is the most damaging? The iron or the rollers? I saw a link on here to the bobby pin curls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yw2W5F_z8&feature=channel_page and I might try that but I toss and turn way too much and think that I'll end up messing them up in my sleep.

kimannabella
December 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Try caruso steam rollers, they're the least damaging that I've found.

heidi w.
December 15th, 2009, 04:53 PM
hot or rather, steam rollers are LESS damaging than a curling iron.

heidi w.

Thinthondiel
December 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have hot rollers, and I don't notice much damage from them. I don't use them that often, though, but they're definitely less damaging than my curling iron (which I've only used a few times).

suicides_eve
December 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I'll echo everyone and say steam/ hot rollers. I found some curling irons just get too hot and you can hear sizzling- not a good sign.

maxzeen
December 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Why don't you try rag curls? It will give you curls and will give the least or no damage at all.

Shermie Girl
December 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Caruso (steam) rollers are not hot rollers. They only get warm, don't burn or cause any damage, at all. :)

Hot rollers get searing hot. I can't tell you how many times I burned my fingers, when I used hot rollers. And if I was burning my fingers, imagine what those things were doing to my hair. :scared:

Thinthondiel
December 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Caruso (steam) rollers are not hot rollers. They only get warm, don't burn or cause any damage, at all. :)

Hot rollers get searing hot. I can't tell you how many times I burned my fingers, when I used hot rollers. And if I was burning my fingers, imagine what those things were doing to my hair. :scared:

Really? My hot rollers don't get that hot... they're actually fine to hold, so I suppose they're "warm" rollers rather than hot rollers. There's wax inside them, which makes them keep the heat longer. I guess that's why they don't have to be as hot as regular hot rollers.