PDA

View Full Version : "grow 1 Inch In 1 Hour!!111!"

Crysta
December 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I HATE!!! seeing these adverts all over the place. not as obvious as the title one mabey, but short cut claims that if you buy such and such you will get such and such witch is impossible for us human types. (I hope I explained that well enough)

I suppose what I would like to know is:

+Have any of you guys been suckered into something like this?

+Have any of you tried any of these that actualy work?

+What kindof results did you get?

+How does this kindof advertising make you feel?

ETA: This is an actual PITCH!!! (This particular ad is for body4real's website for a S&C)

Grow Hair 45%* Faster With FAST (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy) Shampoo & Conditioner

Slow-growing hair is the source of frustration for many people. A bad haircut lasts months (instead of weeks) when your hair growth is slow. Trying to keep up with the latest hairstyles can be aggravating. But now, with the safe, all-natural blend of herbs and essential amino acids, your hair can grow up to 45%* faster and have more body and shine than you ever imagined.

*Aoife*
December 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
They're so annoying! I don't see many and I generally don't pay attention to them. I hate the thought of people falling for them.

Sara Smile
December 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know the ad you're talking about. But I will say, in middle school I had a friend recommend Mane n Tail conditioner to me, saying it would make my hair grow an inch every time I used it. And it did! I used it about once a week for a summer and my hair went from APL to below my waist. After that, I decided it must be scary and quit using it. :confused:

I think what it was doing was lots of protein (or something), and then when I combed it out wet it stretched the hairs. And then they stayed that way.

melrose1985
December 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Yes i have been sucked in. That actually how i found this site, looking for something to make my hair grow uber fast.

Crysta
December 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I had a friend recommend Mane n Tail conditioner to me, saying it would make my hair grow an inch every time I used it. And it did! .

now that just seems.... un-earthy... and agreed if it worked on me I would stop using it, i'd be scared too XD

it doesn't seem logical at all.

Thinthondiel
December 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I usually don't notice these ads, I think I just automatically ignore them.
Right after I read your post, though, I saw this ad:

Hair+ growth 3x faster
Your hair grows 3 times faster! efficiency at cheap price

Crysta
December 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
x)

oh lol...

I've been seeing them alot lately because of being on 'longhair'community ALOT. so they're popping up all over the place.

makes me rage.

spidermom
December 15th, 2009, 03:35 PM
1 inch in 1 hour would be way too fast for me. It seems that I barely perfect my protective up-dos before my hair gets too long for them as it is. So nope, I've never been suckered into trying to make my hair grow faster. I'd rather cultivate patience.

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
One part of the pitch in the OP made me giggle.... "Tired of trying to keep up with the latest hairstyles?"

Aren't the *latest hairstyles* usually involving cutting? How is hair growth shampoo supposed to help you if you're trying to keep up with other people who cut regularly? :eyebrows:

redneckprincess
December 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I don't know the ad you're talking about. But I will say, in middle school I had a friend recommend Mane n Tail conditioner to me, saying it would make my hair grow an inch every time I used it. And it did! I used it about once a week for a summer and my hair went from APL to below my waist. After that, I decided it must be scary and quit using it. :confused:

I think what it was doing was lots of protein (or something), and then when I combed it out wet it stretched the hairs. And then they stayed that way.

thats crazy I used that stuff everyday for years and had no such luck....

kmangus
December 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hmmm...i wonder what it would feel like if you could grow 1 inch an hour. Would you feel your scalp spitting out hair? What if it hurt? haha

Oberon88
December 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I've never tried any of those things. Mane and Tail works great for me, but it doesn't do anything for growth, my hair just likes it a lot.

sarahbrownie
December 16th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I've actually tried FAST only because someone on a LJ community said she got really good results with it and was a well known poster on that community. Eh, didn't really see a difference. Could have worked, who knows, but I didn't stick long enough with it.

Unofficial_Rose
December 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM
One part of the pitch in the OP made me giggle.... "Tired of trying to keep up with the latest hairstyles?"

:eyebrows:

That made me laugh too, for a different reason - as if anyone actually does this! Certainly no-one on here. :rollin:

Dreams_in_Pink
December 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
LOL.

Next product will tell you how you can WATCH your hair as it grows :justy:

prittykitty
December 16th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Yes I have. Several years ago I bought this product from a magazine called "Long and Strong". Needless to say it did absolutely nothing. It was a cheap waste of money.

Now I did read the monistat threads on here and I am getting great results with it.

Gypsy
December 16th, 2009, 01:43 PM
thats crazy I used that stuff everyday for years and had no such luck....

Yeah.
And the stuff in the stores isn't even the original, horse formulated stuff (that original stuff may have a more promising result, though, lol!)
It's pretty much just a nice conditioner, not for growth.

Gypsy
December 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hmmm...i wonder what it would feel like if you could grow 1 inch an hour. Would you feel your scalp spitting out hair? What if it hurt? haha

It probably does hurt, lol!
Sometimes I get some follicular activity and get tender spots for a few days from it, so if it's just spitting out of the scalp, I bet it is pretty painful, ha ha!
Plus, it must deplete the rest of the system in order to supercharge the hair growth, hee hee....:D

RavennaNight
December 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM
An inch a month. I wonder what that must feel like...:ponder: