PDA

View Full Version : Braid your hair with someone else's :)

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
So I was at the beach this last weekend with my loves & my bestie, and I braided all of our hair together!! It looked really neat so I made them let me take a picture, but it was kind of hard because peoples' heads can only go so close together, luckily the shortest-haired of us has about collarbone length curly hair. See:

http://i50.tinypic.com/wwkt2b.jpg

Red from right (thin/her ends) - my Leslie
Medium brown/blonde - my Ryan
Dark brown - my Crystal
Red from left (thicker) - myself!

Is a simple 4-strand braid that ends up looking like a 3-strander... just with thinner strands :)

I just love how the colors look together and thought you all might get a kick out of it and maybe be inspired to braid your hair in with your lovers' hair or something similar. :)

Crysta
December 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM
HAHA, now that looks like great fun X) bet it was fiddly :P

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 12:45 PM
HAHA, now that looks like great fun X) bet it was fiddly :P

Oh it absolutely was fiddly, I tried to braid it upside down because we were all lying down-- me sittin' up and them, one with her head in my lap, the other two to either side of her, and I was like I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE BUT YOU JUST LEFT THE HAIR GEEK WITH FULL RANGE OF YOUR HEADS. YOUR HAIR IS NOW BEING BRAIDED TOGETHER FYI. ... I was able to braid their three together but not mine too, I can't four-strand braid upside down!

But I made them sit up so I could do it the right direction. It worked OK enough to take a picture! :) I just loved the colors together.

Calista
December 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I would love to contribute, but my SO has zero hair on his head, and there isn´t anyone else I would want to braid myself together with. I´d love to see more pictures of others, though. :thumbsup:

Oh, and what is "bestie"? Best friend? At first I read "beastie" and thought you meant your longhaired dog or something. I thought "what if the dog decides to go running? Ouch!" :lol:

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I would love to contribute, but my SO has zero hair on his head, and there isnīt anyone else I would want to braid myself together with. Iīd love to see more pictures of others, though. :thumbsup:

Oh, and what is "bestie"? Best friend? At first I read "beastie" and thought you meant your longhaired dog or something. I thought "what if the dog decides to go running? Ouch!" :lol:

Yep, my best friend! She lives with me ehehehe :)

Haha! Nope not a pet! :)

little_acorn
December 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Love it - great contrasting colours :D

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Love it - great contrasting colours :D

I thought so!! :cheese:

enfys
December 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I can't recreate this, but it looks really cool.

I remember seeing a picture of 3 people, one with blonde, one with navy and one with brown hair (I think that was it) with long hair all braided togather and it was a very cool image; they were past waist probably.

Nice colour harmony there.

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I can't recreate this, but it looks really cool.

I remember seeing a picture of 3 people, one with blonde, one with navy and one with brown hair (I think that was it) with long hair all braided togather and it was a very cool image; they were past waist probably.

Nice colour harmony there.

Awesome. :) I love that sort of thing... I actually was inspired by someone's avatar here, I found the source image recently, I think:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rc5u6e.jpg

Quixii
December 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Very cool! When I first joined here there was (is?) an LHCer with an avatar of her and someone else's long, thick hair braided together. I think it's super cool.
One of these days I'm going to braid my mother's and my hair together. We have almost exactly the same length hair, though hers is a bit thicker and straighter. Anyway, I think it would be fun. I just have to convince her it would be fun. xD

Carolyn
December 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
That is so cool! I love the colors and textures. I bet it was really fun. I'd love to do that sometime.

francismary
December 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
That looks like fun! Can't wait for my hair to get long enough to braid.

klcqtee
December 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hm... I wonder if this will be the next big thing to do at LHC meet ups?

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM

lol maybe! I guess it depends. A lot of people (I've noticed) are not comfortable with others handling their hair, or with handling others' hair.

I personally have no problem with it, either way. I see my hair as a decoration, much like a hat, although a hat that is part of myself... and just like I would not be opposed to someone carefully touching my hat, I am not opposed to someone carefully touching my hair. I get a little squeamish around a lot of strangers and put it up when it's dangerous to have it down, but I'm pretty lax with mine compared to a lot of people.

kimannabella
December 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
nowxisxforever -that picture is gorgeous, love how the two girls heads form a heart shape

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
nowxisxforever -that picture is gorgeous, love how the two girls heads form a heart shape

I really like it too!

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
No one else is gonna do this? :( Sad!

Kleis
December 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Oh, it's already been around for a while. I have a few shots, but here are some favorites:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/1245615521_c8362230f7.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1359/1254846853_cc5ff73b38.jpg

little_acorn
December 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
That last pic is adorable - maybe I'll have to get DH to do this with me :eyebrows:

apynip
December 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I love both of those pictures! I love teh contrasts

Tapioca
December 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think I recognize the backs of some of those heads.

Dangit! And I think we even mentioned doing this at the San Diego meet.

EdG
December 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I know three out of the four braided-together heads of hair. :)
Ed

nowxisxforever
December 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, it's already been around for a while. I have a few shots, but here are some favorites:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/1245615521_c8362230f7.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1359/1254846853_cc5ff73b38.jpg

How lovely! I'm jealous! I wish I had someone here with my length who could do this with me.. hmmm.

Actually, I do have some old school friends that are <1 foot shorter...

Qamar
December 15th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I suggested braiding us all together at the recent San Diego longhair meet, but no one was up for it. I may try and convince my honey to let me play, but his hair is a lot shorter than mine and very curly so it'll be a challenge.

Loreley
December 16th, 2009, 12:38 AM
That's funny! We did this with my cousin when we were children. We both had almost classic length hair. The braid was similar to what Kleis has posted but my hair was dark brown and my cousin's blond. :)

GoddesJourney
December 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Looks fun. When my husband's hair gets long enough...

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
This is how my best friend and I found out we have EXACTLY the same color hair. He has a wolf's tail hairstyle (shaved on sides and underneath, with a mid-back length canopy), so it was one strand his, two of mine. I made it out of the bottom part of my hair, so the length wouldn't give it away, and he couldn't guess which strand was his hair and which was mine. FUN!! :D

GeoJ
December 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I braided my hair with my DD's after seeing this thread. Her hair is only a little darker than mine, so there is not much contrast. I used her hair for one strand and mine for two.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3067&pictureid=57717

Sorry the focus was not good, it was a little hard to take that photo. It was also hard to do that braid because she was too wiggly. :)