PDA

View Full Version : Stalled?

MandaMom2Three
December 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think I've stalled :( . I did a BIG chop back in August (that I ended up regretting) and it doesn't seem that I've grown much if at all since :(. I was growing about 1/2 inch a month before the chop so I would have expected to see almost 2 inches (which looks likes a lot when you're short waisted like me) but to me it looks exactly the same :(.

Here is when I chopped in August (the green line is where my hair was before I had my momentary laps of sanity)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/hair004.jpg

And here's now (sorry for the angle and light, I couldn't seem to get it the same, but it should give an idea anyway)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/lengthnow.jpg

Have I stalled or do I just have lengthorexia :rolleyes:?

patience
December 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Your growth may have slowed down, but I don't think you've stalled. In your second pic you have more waves that are taking up some length.

enfys
December 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think it looks to have grown, but maybe not two inches.

It definately isn't shrinking!

Crysta
December 15th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm in agreement with patience your waves seem to be hogging alittle of your length.
but yeah it does look around in the same place.

how's your diet lately?

teela1978
December 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I kinda think there might be a head-tilt issue between those 2 pictures, in addition to waviness eating up your length. Like you're looking up in the old picture and looking down in the newer one?

florenonite
December 15th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It looks to have grown some, though perhaps not two inches.

Remember that hair growth speeds up in the summer and slows in the winter, so maybe that's why it hasn't grown two inches yet.

MandaMom2Three
December 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, didn't even think about the seasonal changes! My diet actually had been pretty poor the past couple months too! Again, didn't even THINK of that! Just discovered dairy and grain intolerances too so I had to totally restructure my eating habits. Well, I'm going to try and forget about length for a while. I've corrected my diet and I'm going to focus of giving my hair some serious TLC. I'll evaluate the length again in a couple more months to see if there's any change. Thanks for the input :flowers: (I tried to stand straight in both pics, my posture stinks :rolleyes: )

heidi w.
December 15th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evaluate the length in about 6 months. If you evaluate too soon, especially making diet changes for your health, this may take a bit to stabilize things. Therefore, if you look at hair length, say in 2 months or 3 months, you might feel a bit disappointed again.

AND wavy/curly hair has a tendency to not show gains as well as compared to straight hair. You may want to lengthen the ends a bit, unfurl, to see where you are .

I do see growth between the two pictures offered.

Next time, keep the head dead straight ahead ....look ahead and take the pix. OR get a friend to take the picture so you can stand straight with head up, looking straight ahead, and not be misled by those factors, either.

Don't worry. It's growing!!

heidi w.

spidermom
December 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I can see some growth, I'm pretty sure.

jera
December 15th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I can see some growth, I'm pretty sure.

Me too. Mandamom, it looks like your hair is growing in a vee hemline. Hey, at least it's growth. I'm stalled at hip length so I can empathize with ya. :o

MandaMom2Three
December 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you all for the input! It has definitely slowed down, but if it HAS grown, even a little, then that's a good sign. My birthday is in 6 months, I'll make that a goal. I will try (emphasis on try :lol: ) to ignore the length and just focus on my hair's health until then. I have noticed some increased shedding and resulting thinness (and I was thin to begin with!!) so I think it needs TLC anyway. I'm going to go soak my head in catnip!

CaityBear
December 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
It definately looks like there is some growth. This past year I went about 6-8 months without any growth. :( It sucked since I'm used to 1 inch a month, but then it started to grow again, but slower than usual.

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with the others. From the position of your right ear on the first pic (which I guess would be the left ear if that's banked off of a mirror, LOL...) I'd say your head was tilted back just a bit. And the second one has more wave, so I bet you have too made progress. :flower: