PDA

View Full Version : Tate family products and customer service

Kerynna
December 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I know there have been a few threads on here about Tate's Miracle Conditioner and Shampoo. I purchased some on impulse at my local health store before checking out this product on LHC (bad idea!) and so now I'm giving it a try. So far, I think it's fine, but I'm so curious as to why it's priced the way it is and how it's made.

As other LHC'ers have done, I sent an email, yesterday, to them asking how their product can have "coconuts" etc in it and also why it is priced the way it is; and today I got an email response from them. So their response was very quick, I'll give them that. But I am seriously wondering if their customer service is lacking in the, erm, brainpower department. See my note below, and then their reply. It is truly mind-boggling how they could think their reply does anything for me, at all.

My note:
Hello,I recently purchased your conditioner and shampoo and I used it this morning. So far, it seems to be a nice hair product. However, I have a few questions.

1.) Why does your hair shampoo cost $2 an ounce?
2.) Wy is your conditioner about half that cost, even though the ingredients seem to be the same?
3.) What ingredients in your conditioner are moisturizing? I am not aware of conditioning properties of apples and blueberries, etc.
4.) How do your products contain things like blueberries, strawberries, boysenberries, etc. and yet be clear or white in color? I looked on your website but I didn’t find any of these type of information.

Thank you for answering my questions. I first picked up the conditioner in the store, saw the price, and put it in my basket. Then I grabbed the shampoo without really looking at it. Imagine my surprise when it rang up as $16 for 8 ounces! I had expected it to be priced in the range of the conditioner. Thank you!

Their reply:

i have a great idea ,,what is your name and address and we shall ship you a free item of your choice ,,hows that ? ............................www.ourtatefamily.com[/FONT]

(Is their customer service person a 12 year old?!)

SHELIAANN1969
December 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
How much was the conditioner?

Konstifik
December 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Oh my, that has to be one of the least informative responses I've ever seen from a support. Did they even read your mail? :confused:
Will you try asking again?

fae
December 14th, 2009, 12:10 PM
While I agree that that was a very daft response, it might have to do with the fact that it's a 'family secret' or some such. Maybe they won't give the info because they feel they might be giving away part of their business.

Remember too that the store jacks the price up to make a profit. It's not very likely that they are getting 16 dollars a bottle for their shampoo.

Kerynna
December 14th, 2009, 02:39 PM
How much was the conditioner?

The conditioner was $6. I've noticed a wide variation in pricing of their products online - there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.