PDA

View Full Version : Finally reached BSL!

mediumhair
December 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Horray 1 year of growing and I have reached BSL! Now should I keep on growing or trim a couple of inches to get the more damaged hair cut?

jojo
December 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
no photos? :(

wishbone
December 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Congratulations! :)

In exactly the same boat as you at the moment. My ends are damaged and uneven from heat styling and layers, but i found that cutting off an inch left my ends feeling a lot thicker and healthier without loosing too much length. It depends on the condition of your hair though, you may need to trim even less, like 1/2 or 1/4 inch to notice the difference.

Speckla
December 13th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Keep growing if your ends look good and aren't too tangly! Congratulations!

Dars
December 13th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats :) Personally I'd rather have shorter healthier hair and reach my goal later then have damaged long hair.

Debra83
December 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Don't forget the pictures!!!

Aditi
December 14th, 2009, 03:24 AM
It will be lot easier for us to give advice if you post pictures of your hair. Congrats on hitting BSL :)

ButterCup02
December 14th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Congrats! I just hit BSL too :) It feels so good doesn't it?? Now onto waist!

If you can get some pics! I am going to try to get some this week.

harpyangel
December 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I have just realised I am also at BSL!! Loving that my hair is starting to feel long now. Will post some updated pictures soon xxxxx

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats on hitting BSL....and same to everyone else in this thread who's just hit it also. :flower: If you're liking sitting at a milestone and you don't want to lose that new growth, you could just stay here and trim off any more new growth until you're satisfied with your ends. As someone else said, better to be short and healthy than long and damaged. Because long and damaged has more potential to break off, and then you just end up with shorter and damaged. :(

suicides_eve
December 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Congratulations:joy: It's a great mile stone to reach! Don't forget to add those picture;)