PDA

View Full Version : Back and I have a question

mommy101405
December 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I haven't been around in awhile. Don't know if anyone will remember me or not. I decided to stop by because I have been getting the urge to chop and I know I will regret it. My hair is at almost arm pit length. I've have a couple significant trims to grow my bangs and a lot of my layers out. I still have some long layers but am very happy that my bangs are now fully grown out. I also just had my hair darkened up more to my natural color to cover a lot of the light highlights I had with a demi-permanant hair color. All in all I wish my hair was a bit longer but given that I know longer have to deal with growing out bangs I am happy with my progress and with the fact that I haven't chopped. This is the first time in my life that I have have longish (i know not long by lhc standards, but long by my standards) hair for any length of time. Its been about 3 years since I made the decision to keep it on the longer side.

I do have a question though and its frustrating me a lot. Whenever I wear my hair up (which is most of the time) I have these crazy little flyaways everywhere. What causes them? They don't seem like split ends. Are they new hairs growing in? How do you tame them? I think with my hair type being fine and a little bit wavy it makes them worse but I'm not sure.

Anyway, just wanted to stop and say hi and see if anyone had any suggestions about my flyaways. It seems when I see photos of styles on here everyone's hair seems to smooth down nicely and I'm a bit jealous :o

katha
December 13th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I don't do it very often, but a tiny (!) little bit of coconut oil on my palms smoothes down those flyaways rather nicely.

Clarisse
December 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome back :flower:

Our hair types are very similar. I get the flyaways too, but actually I like them - they kinda soften things up around my face. However, I know that a lot of people use aloe vera gel to tame them. Hair spray isn't overly healthy for the hair.

Sometimes, my fly-aways almost looks as bangs. It's just the natural new growth. When you shed, new hairs will grow in. If this didn't happen, we would occasionally go bald :P

mommy101405
December 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I generally avoid using anything in my hair other than shampoo and conditioner because my hair is easily weighted down. But maybe I need to try.

I wish mine fell more around my face. Mine tend to be toward the crown and look generally messy.

Cherry_Sprinkle
December 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Aloe & Oil are the only things I have found to work for my hair.. the curl/wave pattern I have found in my hair needs a bit of weight otherwise it frizzes and puffs out. My updo's I smooth over any with aloe and a soft baby brush.

Quixii
December 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I smooth just a bit of the clear Aloe Vera gel on. That seems to help. :)

mommy101405
December 13th, 2009, 07:05 PM
looks like i have some shopping to do :)