PDA

View Full Version : MadHatter's New Amazing Siggy!!!

Nightshade
April 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Holy cats, did you guys SEE her pic?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=3882&type=sigpic&dateline=1209074929

It's like red glass it so shiny! :bigeyes:

Rheia Althia
April 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Oh my, that is beautiful!

AJoifulNoise
April 25th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I was considering poking her about it, actually. Everytime I see it my jaw drops and I just stare!

MadHatter
April 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Aw, Nightshade, you're very sweet! :flowers::D
It's so flattering when a hair idol gives a compliment!

Rheia Althia
April 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
*wanders back into thread to drool*

nienna42
April 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I had seen it, and I stopped reading to admire it for a bit. Absolutely beautiful! :thud:

Irishred
April 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
All I have to say is WOW! how did you get that shine lady! Please do share.

Rustella
April 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Holy Cow that's georgous! Please, please, please can I have your henna recipie? (I think I saw you on the henna thread anyway.) Looking at your hair makes me want to gored instead of the auburn I was intending.

How much would you like for your recipie? :)

Patrycja
April 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
wow madhatter!!!! I'm another one to request a shine do-tell.

and your length....holy moly.

eadwine
April 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
VERY pretty!! :D

Kittee
April 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Whoa! That is something us curly girls can NEVER achieve and I am always blown away by how beautiful straight , shiny hair can be!

cindy58
April 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Gorgeous -- such depth and shine!

Euphony
April 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I had seen it, and I stopped reading to admire it for a bit. Absolutely beautiful! :thud:
hahaha that's exactly what I did. I was reading along then all of a sudden I saw this gorgeous new siggy - so I stopped and stared for a bit.

DavidN
April 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Yes, I noticed Madhatter's new siggy the other day, and her hair is the picture of good health, with so much shine and the most beautiful colour.:flowers:

FB
April 25th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh my please enlighten us on how you do it. Your hair is absolutly amazing. Your hair should be in the movies.

WritingPrincess
April 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Your hair is sooo shiny and beautiful, MadHatter! It does look like red glass, but better!

Alaskanheart
April 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Oh my please enlighten us on how you do it. Your hair is absolutly amazing. Your hair should be in the movies.

Raises hand to say: "me too me too I want to be enlightened." Just stunning, looks like a sheet of red silk.

granitbaby
April 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
When I noticed MadHatter's new siggy I just had to stop and stare.
It is beautiful and so very pretty. :inlove:

Anje
April 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Wow and congrats, MadHatter! That's an awesome batch of hair you've got growing!

Mrs_Zombie
April 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Madhatter, i would like to 3rd or 4th or was it 5th, the notion that you please PLEASE let us know your hair secrets.

You have such amazing hair!! LOVE IT!!

spidermom
April 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Truly enviable.

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
it's wonderful!! is it naturally that straight?

Moezland
April 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, your hair is amazing - really it's prettier than most of the hair I see in those shampoo commercials:rolleyes:. You better watch out - those shampoo folks will want to know what you're using and start beating down your door begging you to be their model girl:agree::D.

justinekay
April 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I am sooo envious (in a nice way :-))

JCFantasy23
April 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, it's absolutely gorgeous

krt1013
April 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
If only... I would love such beautiful hair. She must tell us more!

ljc
April 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
ditto all the above.....clunk(that's a backwards thud....never to coordinated)

LJC

MissHair
April 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Wow thats breathtaking... I cant wait til my hair is that even and shiny.

almudena
April 25th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Really beautiful :)

paper
April 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Just gorgeous!

MadHatter
April 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks y'all :inlove: You're all so sweet!
My routine is very basic. I'm pretty much a benign-neglect girl, the exception being that I try to keep up with my roots.
The color on the length hasn't been refreshed in months, so that's a testament to the staying power of henna. My mix has always been pretty basic: Jamila henna, a splash of lemon juice, and enough water to make the consistency nice and spreadable.
I only get all of my hair wet once every week or two. I use Pert on the scalp hair, and Suave Coconut conditioner on the length (I'm a conehead). Between full washes I scalp wash (which is sooo easy).
As for the texture, yes, it's that straight on its own. But I would kill to have curly or wavy hair! Better yet, I wish I could tell it what texture I want it to be on a given day, lol.

Shanarana
April 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM
When I first saw it I couldn't help but just stare......the shine is unbelievable.

blackfrostqueen
April 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
WOW!! Beautiful!!

Shadow Walker
April 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
:shocked: :thud:

Perfection.

GlassEyes
April 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM

I think the looking glass IS her hair. xD

Rustella
April 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks y'all :inlove: You're all so sweet!
My routine is very basic. I'm pretty much a benign-neglect girl, the exception being that I try to keep up with my roots.
The color on the length hasn't been refreshed in months, so that's a testament to the staying power of henna. My mix has always been pretty basic: Jamila henna, a splash of lemon juice, and enough water to make the consistency nice and spreadable.
I only get all of my hair wet once every week or two. I use Pert on the scalp hair, and Suave Coconut conditioner on the length (I'm a conehead). Between full washes I scalp wash (which is sooo easy).
As for the texture, yes, it's that straight on its own. But I would kill to have curly or wavy hair! Better yet, I wish I could tell it what texture I want it to be on a given day, lol.

What was your starting color, and how long do you leave it to dye release and how long do you leave on? And how in the world does one wash only their scalp without getting the rest of it wet? Do you ever blodry, or use any styling products?

Sorry, I just can't help myself. I must know how to get such lovely locks! :o

KaeleyAnne
April 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
So smooth! Your hair is an inspiration. :)

Loviatar
April 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
WOAH. I didnt recognise your hair, MadHatter. You know I admired your sig before, well this is another step nearer to amazing. In fact, I think in the dictionary next to 'amazing', it has this sig pic.

I've just worked out your LH knights name. Goodness, I am slow today. Clever!

GlassEyes: smoothest. comment. ever. XD

Kittee
April 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
<snip>

Trade ya! :D
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/workbucket007/HarryPotter.jpg

GlassEyes
April 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
WOAH. I didnt recognise your hair, MadHatter. You know I admired your sig before, well this is another step nearer to amazing. In fact, I think in the dictionary next to 'amazing', it has this sig pic.

I've just worked out your LH knights name. Goodness, I am slow today. Clever!

GlassEyes: smoothest. comment. ever. XD
Not as smooth as her hair, of course. ;)

prosperina
April 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I noticed too when I as reading another thread. Truly gorgeous hair. I second the question of what was your starting color. :)

lorig713
April 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, I did! Very beautiful hair! :flower:

cuddledumplin
April 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
It's simply stunning. I wish I had mega-watt shine like that.

Druid of Alba
April 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Wow! It looks stunning! It's absolutely amazing!

AprilElf
April 25th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair, MadHatter!
You're a :Star:!

MadHatter
April 25th, 2008, 07:32 PM
What was your starting color, and how long do you leave it to dye release and how long do you leave on? And how in the world does one wash only their scalp without getting the rest of it wet? Do you ever blodry, or use any styling products?

Sorry, I just can't help myself. I must know how to get such lovely locks! :o

Let's see if I can remember my photobucket password...................
Okay, these two shots are pre-henna. The first one was also my first LHC pic
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/gorgon19/Images1.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/gorgon19/Image8.jpg

The second one is blurry, but you get a good idea of what the color was. I like that color and sometimes miss it, but henna is soooo vibrant and addictive!
Whenever I would do full-head treatments, I'd be so impatient to get it in my hair that I would only wait a few hours, and by that time I'd have dye release. I left it on for as long as I could stand it, ~4 hours. One time I left it on overnight, and left some pretty stains on my pillow, lol.
Now that I'm only doing roots I mix up a batch, leave the mixture out for a few hours, test it on my wrist, then freeze it if the dye has released. I don't know how, but freezing makes my henna more potent. When I go to do my roots, I normally leave it for 4 or 5 hours, but this last time I only left it for 3 and liked the result better. It was more coppery and didn't seem to oxidize as much.
As for scalp washing, I loosely braid my hair, wrap a plastic bag around the braid, and secure the top tightly with an elastic. Then I wet my scalp down, shampoo, and rinse (all while bent at the waist). It's very quick and painless (no backache from bending, it only takes about three minutes to do everything).
I'm now scared of the blowdryer since getting my hair caught in the motor twice (my hair was about C7 or T1 length)! And, I avoid styling products like the plague, as I end up looking very flaky at the end of the day if I use them.
Thank you all so much for your sweet words, it means a lot coming from some gorgeous hairs and all-around lovely people!
Kittee, hand over them purty waves and curls!

Elenna
April 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM
You didn't list any kind of leave ins or oils? If you fully wash your hair every week or two, how do you condition it?

MadHatter
April 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
You didn't list any kind of leave ins or oils? If you fully wash your hair every week or two, how do you condition it?

I don't use any leave-ins or oils. I use Suave Coconut conditioner when I do a full wash. Oh, and I really saturate the length with the conditioner and leave it on for a few minutes.

camillacamilla
April 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Very very beautiful hair.

DaveDecker
April 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I use Suave Coconut conditioner when I do a full wash. Oh, and I really saturate the length with the conditioner and leave it on for a few minutes.

In yet another case of "your mileage may vary," I was recently given a mostly-full bottle of this same stuff from someone who said it did not work for them. It also does not work for me, even though I use oodles of the stuff and leave it on for at least 5 minutes. Like other S&C formulations, I wonder if it is intended to be used in conjunction with their coconut shampoo, which might have lots of oil in it to help counterbalance the lack of such in the conditioner. But for me, I want conditioners to provide an adequate measure of oil.

Enough blathering.

MadHatter, your hair is gorgeous. :)

kwaniesiam
April 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Wow it's really gotten long since I last saw it! That is some serious shine, you might blind people out in the sunlight :flowers:

Rustella
April 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm doing henna test strands and seeing your hair makes me even more eager to take the plunge.

OhioLisa
April 25th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Oh... my... goodness! :thud:

Elfling
April 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
So very pretty!! Congratulations :)

Morag
April 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Holy cats, did you guys SEE her pic?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=3882&type=sigpic&dateline=1209074929

It's like red glass it so shiny! :bigeyes:

I know! So glad to see I wasn't the only one who had that reaction. Too amazingly gorgeous for words.

LifeisAdventure
April 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM
*drool* Simply amazing!

jessie58
April 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
No I most certainly did not see that. Wow, thanks for pointing that out. It's just perfect hair. Wow.

Nat242
April 26th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I saw it...it's absolutely incredible!

-- Natalie

kate46
April 26th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Absolutely stunning! :agape:

Neon Gloss
April 26th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Holy shine batman! That's one beautiful head of hair!!

florenonite
April 26th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Wow, that's beautiful, like a pane of glass!

MadHatter
April 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks y'all!:D

Mrs_Zombie
April 26th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Madhatter, as always, i absolutely LOVE your hair. Its so incredibly beautiful!!

Dying of hair envy!!! I can only hope my hair will be that healthy when it reaches waist length!!

Fee
April 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
your hair is like red silk,so smooooth!!!!wooooow!
:shocked::bowtome:

zift
April 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I've admired your hair until the first time you joined and shared pics MadHatter. It's just amazing, the texture is like liquid silk. Pretty gorgeous new signature too!:flowers:

DrkAngel
April 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
That IS some shine! And I love the color. I'm so gonna try henna someday. :agree: You're all constantly tempting me!!

blue_nant
April 27th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Zowie! i can't think of anything to say, it's fabulous!!!