PDA

View Full Version : Washing in cool/Lukewarm water is making a difference

Yedda
December 12th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I recently created a thread seeking advice for my increasing oily hair and skin. Jojo suggested I start using lukewarm or cool water only. I have to admit, this is making a big difference so far. Thanks Jojo!

I thought I would post for those who think it doesn't make much of a difference. I personally thought it may be a little better to use lukewarm over hot water but since I enjoyed the hot baths I never changed.

Also, a few people suggested I see a doctor. Just so everyone knows, my thyroid is fine. My vitamin D was a little low but that's it:)

Friesiangirl
December 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I've found that cold water showers were so amazing feeling. A bit... awakening in the winter months but worth it. I plan to keep rinsing with cold water especially, and using less hot water. It's so much easier than my skin and hair.

Hayley

rogue_psyche
December 13th, 2009, 01:56 AM
I also think it helps, but was a whole lot easier in the summer! Nowadays the coldest I can go while washing is on the warm side of lukewarm but I try to use the coldest water possible to rinse my conditioner and for the final rinse.

emi77
December 13th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I don't wash totally in cold water- you're braver than me! However I do a 1-2 minute cold rinse at the end of my shower and that has really been helping my oily scalp!

Its never oily at the end of a day any more and if I use dry shampoo on the 2nd day then I can go at least 2 days! However I usually end up still washing 6 days a week!

jojo
December 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Your very welcome Yedda, I do love to hear a happy ending!

And so glad it works for you too!