PDA

View Full Version : treatment I did today was not good

natorade
December 12th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I used the Hask henna and placenta on my hair today and my hair totally hated it. My hair feels gross and heavy like it still has product in it. I am going to rewash my hair tonight. I have not been able to find anything lately that my hair likes.

ImperfectBrat
December 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I've used this in the past and had the same results. The next day seems better though so you may want to wait to wash.

jojo
December 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
My hair hates these too. I am more a moisture loving hair head ;) sounds like your the same.

I have just done a heavy olive oil soak, my hair feels fantastic with this. Tigi moisture manic conditioner is a great product and you get great results when used as a DC.

BTW your hair looks so much longer in your siggi than I imagined it was, its growing well girl!

Dars
December 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I had similar results, I guess my hair just didn't need the protein boost. Try a moisture treatment. :)

Carolyn
December 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I wasn't pleased with the Hask treatment either. I think it was too much protein. I can't recall what I did other than wash and again and not buy it again. The cure for too much protein is often a blast of moisture.

amoulixes
December 12th, 2009, 05:43 PM
The first time I used it, it was great! Came in a small packet. The second time, awful. So I guess that means too much protein like the others have said and that it was unnecessary to use (which is a good thing!). :)

Leah Polamalu
December 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I, too, had the same problem. It either left it very oily or very protein-y. I've just been using Queen Helene's Cholesterol and it gave me the results I hoped the Hask would give.

natorade
December 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I left it in too long. I fell asleep with it in my hair for 2 hours. I hope i didn't ruin my hair. I didn't realize it was protein. Do you think my hair will be ok?

heatherdazy
December 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm sure it just feels temporarily icky. Something like that wouldn't do lasting damage.

natorade
December 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
thank goodness. I have been totally stressing and worried that I ruined my hair and was going to have to start all over again.I can't wash my hair again till later tonight. Heatherdazy should I just wash my hair with regular shampoo and use my regular cond?

natorade
December 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
My hair hates these too. I am more a moisture loving hair head ;) sounds like your the same.

I have just done a heavy olive oil soak, my hair feels fantastic with this. Tigi moisture manic conditioner is a great product and you get great results when used as a DC.

BTW your hair looks so much longer in your siggi than I imagined it was, its growing well girl!

Thanks jojo...it has grown an inch since my last high lights which was 5 weeks ago. My roots are really showing again but they do at least blend better than they did before.

redneckprincess
December 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM
i hear you are supposed to rince for like 10 mins THEN do another moisture treatment...I never had to do the second treatment...but try SMT *(there is a link ...i'll find it) its fabulous
4 parts conditioner
1 part honey
1 part aloe vera gel (clear)

Tangles
December 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM
My hair likes this stuff, but then again it's always damaged from one thing or another.

ericthegreat
December 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I agree with everyone here. Your type of hair would benefit from less protein, not more natorade. If your hair feels "sticky and yucky" after doing the henna & placenta treatment, then it definitely contains too much protein for your hair's liking. Try a treatment that is moisturizing instead like the Snowy Moon Treatment that was also recommended by redneckprincess. Its:

4 parts conditioner
1 part honey
1 part aloe vera gel

Of course, pick a conditioner that doesn't have protein in it to make your SMT.

juliaxena
December 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
It took me weeks to normalise my hair after cassia treatment that had henna. Henna is not good for protein sensitive hair. Don't be discouraged, it will go back to normal. Maybe try a few overnight treatments with moisture maniac. Oils did nothing for me.

natorade
December 13th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I washed my hair again last night and this morning it was so soft. yayyyyyyy. thanks for all you help everyone.

juliaxena
December 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Phew, then your reaction wasn't so severe as mine. That's lucky. Maybe you just didn't wash it off enough or something. Enjoy the feeling of soft hair.

Holly9192
January 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I used this last night and only left it on for the 30min it recommended on the package. Maybe thats part of the problem? Because my hair felt GREAT after...although I haven't done anything protein related in a very long time and i conditioned right after. It still feels great today though.

But I'm glad i found this thread because I was thinking about buying a bunch of them and doing them all the time...I can't imagine how my hair would be doing after that much protein.

Merewen
January 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Moisture. Moisture moisture moisture.

Like a few PPs have said, an SMT will probably help.