PDA

View Full Version : How to use Neem Seed Oil?

BunnyBee
December 12th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Ok, so I just received my Neem Oil from Akoma Skincare (http://www.akomaskincare.co.uk/product.php/65/neem_oil_faily_traded)

It doesn't smell as bad as I thought it would - it just smells of garlic to me! Anyway I bought it to try and get rid of a horribly itchy scalp, as it's recommended for that, but I'm not sure I have the same type everyone else is using. The 'oil' I have is actually pretty much solid (like coconut oil), greeny yellow in colour and has little bits in it which look like mashed up seeds. I think it is meant for use in cosmetics, so I'm wondering if I have to dilute it before using. If so, with what? Another oil?

Also is it ok to use this oil on broken skin? (I can't *see* but I may have scratched my scalp a little too hard at one point :()

Thanks in advance :flower:

BunnyBee
December 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Really? No one? :(

indigonight
December 12th, 2009, 10:31 PM
yes safe to use it on broken skin.......just rub it in and leave it on overnight then shampoo

ChloeDharma
December 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
yes safe to use it on broken skin.......just rub it in and leave it on overnight then shampoo

I agree. It's actually good to use on cuts and wounds. Some people dilute it with another oil, usually about 10%, but i think that's more to do with the smell. I'd have no safety concerns about using it neat.
Good luck

YoginiCelestial
December 13th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Hi BunnyBee, sorry I have never tried Neem Oil....