PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for hair issues...

pogo0685
April 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
My hair is very very dry at the bottom of my length and greasy with bad dandruff on top, so I am looking for suggestions on what to do to help it, I do need a trim for my split ends but I don't have good scissors to do that, And I don't use any animal tested or animal products on my hair. Right now I use natures gate henna shampoo and conditioner, but I am going to try Giovanni (spelling?) tonight. I think it will help if I tell you about my hair,

Its 34" long right between bsl and tailbone, I used chemical dye for about the last 9 years, but I stopped using them and switched to henna, Last time I hennaed my hair was in January. I do not brush I only comb, I wear it up at least 5 days a week and use jojoba oil after I shampoo, I only shampoo 2-3 times a week, and only shampoo my scalp not my length. sometimes I use Giovanni leave in on my hair as a hair-spray. This is all I can think of, if you have suggestions - PLEASE HELP!

lora410
April 25th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I wanna say try CWC. Put Conditioner on your ends as a first step and leave it there while you wash your scalp with poo and tea tree oil mixed, rinse, and condish just your ends only followed by light oiling on your ends after your wash.

Ohio Sky
April 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Like Lora said, CWC may work well for you, and tea tree oil is really good for just about anything, including most scalp issues.

In my experience, a good deep treatment fixes most anything. I have heard some people say they are good for oily hair as well and they are good for dandruff, so you may want to try slathering your head in some kind of heavy treatment or SMT overnight. It could help the oilies and the dandruff, and will definitely be good for the dry bits.

pogo0685
April 25th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thank you, can you sugest anything (other than honey, eggs, or manise (spelling?) Thats all I could find as far as treatments, and how much tea tree oil do I put in my shampoo? do I do a 50/50 mix or 75/25 (shampoo/oil). Thanks for your help!

Anje
April 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I don't think that much tea tree oil is desirable. It's an essential oil. I haven't done it, but I think you want maybe 2-3 drops of oil in your usual amount of shampoo.

Euphony
April 25th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Have you tried using shampoo that doesn't contain sulfates? I found with my hair and my husbands hair it cleared up the dandruff, which actually wasn't dandruff but dry scalp and residue caused by the sulfates. Hubby had greasies caused by the sulfates too since they were stripping his scalp so his scalp would then retaliate.

My husband uses hair soap now exclusively while I use it almost exclusively but sometimes I want to use a liquid shampoo. The only liquid shampoo I could find in my area that did not contain sulfates or silicones (silicones dry my hair) is ABBA - it's good stuff.

lora410
April 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Thank you, can you sugest anything (other than honey, eggs, or manise (spelling?) Thats all I could find as far as treatments, and how much tea tree oil do I put in my shampoo? do I do a 50/50 mix or 75/25 (shampoo/oil). Thanks for your help!

For deep treatment I just dampen my hair and put olive oil on it for a few hours, and shampoo out. For tea tree oil all you need is a few drops :)

Riot Crrl
April 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Conditioner, water, aloe juice, plant oils, I use all of these things in varying combos for deep treatments. You don't need animal stuff. If you want to use protein there should be plenty of conditioners with plant proteins.