PDA

View Full Version : The Clever Clip!?!

lillylonghair
December 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Have any of you tried the Clever Clip? This product look so neat and like it would really hold alot of hair but I want to see if anyone here has tested it out before I purchase.

Not sure how to link but the website is just called cleverclip.com.

LilyMunster
December 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Good one.
;)

GlassEyes
December 11th, 2009, 09:37 PM
It's actually thecleverclip.com.

I haven't a clue about it. :shrug:

lillylonghair
December 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I would really like to give it a shot. It isn't as pretty as some of the lovely forks and sticks I see around here but I want to treat myself to my first accessory!!!

Sister13
December 11th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Looks alright. Seems to let you do a half-up like a flexi-8 so i guess it's pretty flexible.

The dangle thing seems okay for straight hair but like it may tangle for us curlies.

Love women being entrepreneurial tho.

TheBlondeApple
December 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM
If it's plastic, check for seams.
Otherwise, it seems a good deal and even international shipping is ok!
Anja

Shanarana
December 12th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I wonder if you could shape a small knitting needle and get the same type of thing. Looks rather easy to make.

lapushka
December 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Looks alright. Seems to let you do a half-up like a flexi-8 so i guess it's pretty flexible.

It's actually not that different from a Flexi8... except that it closes a little bit differently, but I think a Flexi8 looks much nicer.

LaurelSpring
December 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
It reminds me alot of the Zannclip without the spirals. I have had a lot of trouble with the Zannclip slipping even with the spirals so I imagine that if you have fine hair like mine it would probably slip unless you use it to secure a bun. I do that with the Zclip but all of that weight on one little wire can sometimes make it uncomfortable.

lillylonghair
December 22nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. So I guess based on what you are saying I could either make my own with a knitting needle or just invest in a pretty flexi!

curlq
December 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
[nothing to see here]

julliams
December 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
I had a look and whilst it looks ok, I find it strange that there aren't different sizes. How could one clip keep all different hair thicknesses in place all day. I need different sized flexi's to do different things for me and I would imagine it would be the same with this clip. Am I missing something?

I also think that the "tattle" is easily made with bits and pieces from my bead box so I don't think I would spend $12 on that unless I absolutely loved it.

curlq
December 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
[more nothing]

lapushka
December 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
[quote is no longer needed]

You've posted 2 messages on this entire board since you joined this month and both happen to be about this clip? Hmmm I don't know...