PDA

View Full Version : My first experience with ACV rinse...

ZenBird07
December 11th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Well, I wanted to post this in my haircare routine section but there seems to be an issue(character limit?) with that:confused:... So I thought I'd share here.

On the 9th of December I finally braved an ACV rinse... I took 3/4 of a teaspoon of ACV and diluted it into roughly 8oz of water...

I did it after a CO with Suave Natural Tropical Coconut. I decided to try it after this particular brand because 1) it's my favorite, and 2) I noticed some complaining that this brand had a waxy feel to it. Something I didn't notice until after it was mentioned, but indeed there is something waxy going there. So I compared it to the waxies that poo bar fans have issues with and found that they use ACV to rid themselves of the waxies. So that's what I did to rid my self of the same issues caused by this brand.

After I let the CO soak for 10-15 minutes I rinsed it out then took my diluted ACV and squirted ( I re-used an old shampoo bottle) on and gently worked it in. After I massaged it a little bit more I rinsed it out... I still dealt with the same nightmare hair during the drying process as is normal for me but when it was finally dry my hair was exquisite (and I no longer smelled like a douche). Shiny Hair. Soft Hair. Tangle Free Hair.

One of the odd experiences of this was that there was a cottony, linty deposit attached to my normal shed in the drain. A little mini-me sweater in the drain. I wondered if this had squeezed out goop that had been in the shaft for quite awhile but wanted to dismiss it knowing that ACV does not clarify. I was quite amused at any rate...

And there it is...My first of many to come experiences with ACV rinses...;)

heidi w.
December 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Thank you for sharing, and glad you had a positive experience!
heidi w.