PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article.

CindyLea1
December 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/22649/natural-tips-for-gray-hair-hair-loss-and-dandruff/

Interesting article about natural hair care for greying hair, hair loss, and a few other things.

Most of these are things we have discussed around here. Just nice to see it posted elsewhere too.

MissManda
December 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Oh, that is great that the more natural haircare methods are being posted on a big-name, "conventional" Web site. ^_^

TheEndlessOcean
December 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Most of that sounds like good advice, but this had me wondering:

Brush bad hair days away. Be like a renowned Chinese empress who had a full head of beautiful hair at the end of her long life, the result of a daily 500-stroke hair brushing. Using a natural-bristle brush, spread your hair's natural oils with full strokes from the scalp down the to tips, 100 strokes every evening. Studies show steady massage and brushing over time stems hair loss, promotes hair growth, and generally improves hair quality.

I guess being a curly and never brushing my hair, I don't know how much is good for straighter types. But I thought that that much brushing can lead to breakage and damage?

Brat
December 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM

I guess being a curly and never brushing my hair, I don't know how much is good for straighter types. But I thought that that much brushing can lead to breakage and damage?

Me too....

skay
December 11th, 2009, 10:03 PM
It was interesting to read about how eating foods black in color such as sesame seeds are thought to reverse gray hair.

I know someone in his 50's or so who has a full head of white hair (kind of like Bill Clinton but coarser) who says his hair is coming in darker due to drinking his smoothie with a tablespoon of black sesame seeds a day for the past 6 months. He believes it's directly related to the sesame seeds in his case.

It kind of look like it is but I don't see him that often. We're going to start taking pics of his hair.

Today I just started eating black sesame seeds and I'll see what happens. I have some white hair. If eating black sesame seeds happens to affect my hair color, so be it. :D ;)

I eat it with almond nut butter and dates. I roll them in the black sesame seeds. Yum! :)

ChloeDharma
December 12th, 2009, 05:21 AM

Brushing seems a bit like the marmite of long hair care, some people love it, some hate it. I find that even though my hair is fine and prone to breakage it loves being brushed regularly and my shedding is dramatically reduced.
If you don't feel comfortable brushing then massage is just as good.....small circular movements over the scalp with the pads of your fingers then some very gentle tugging of the roots would be a good alternative to the brush.
The important part is that circulation to the scalp is increased.

Nice article though.