PDA

View Full Version : Forking from the wrong side.

motormuffin
December 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Do you always use your forks on the same side? My hair grew a little and it holds better from the other side now but it feels backwards. I'm definitely a right handed forker. :D

windinherhair
December 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I am right handed so I have always placed my forks in from my right side. I have never attempted to try my left side, but I have wondered if I might like how my Grah-toe studio fork looks from the other side because of the shape at the edge.

CaityBear
December 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm right handed as well and always put my forks/pins/sticks in from the right side.

Anywhere
December 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'm left handed, mine are always on the left side, since it doesn't seem to stay well on the right. :shake:

Bene
December 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Boy is my mind in the gutter :nono:

GlassEyes
December 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
*snort* :lol:

lora410
December 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Lefty and I always place it on the left side, now I shall try the right.

Shorty89
December 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Boy is my mind in the gutter :nono:I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

I am right handed and go from right to left. It just stays better that way.

SHELIAANN1969
December 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM

hehe, me too.

It's my party and I'll fork if I want toooooooo.

Magdalene
December 10th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Wow, I read that title wrong.

Don't use forks, but I put in most sticks and clips from the right.

OleanderTime
December 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Yup, I do.

But I just got some beautiful Bijoux Manoel (http://www.bijoux-manoel.com/index.html) hair toys (they hold french twist type styles like forks) but the way most of the designs are made, I have to twist the opposite direction that I'm used to. I'm getting better at it each day, but it's super hard to adjust and definitely not as firm or comfortable a hold!

Wicked Princess
December 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I only have one hair fork right now, so it may change as I get more, of different shapes and sizes. But right now, I always put my hair forks in from the right!

Dianyla
December 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM
:uhh:

That's What She Said! :lol:

:eyebrows:

Tangerine
December 11th, 2009, 01:57 AM

Giggles:spitting:

Marika
December 11th, 2009, 02:24 AM
I'm very strongly right-handed and put in all my hairtoys from right to left.

rumi
December 11th, 2009, 05:22 AM
ambi-fork-trous hehehe, not that I use them often

Pixna
December 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm a lefty all the way. Gotta go in from left side only (or the top). There's no way in the world I could put in a fork (or other hair toy) from right to left. My Flexi-8s are all left-handed, too. (Although I'm not doing any updos at all right now.)

Angela_Rose
December 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Add me to the gutter-minded who read this thread's title entirely differently from its intended meaning.

And I always fork from the right- I'm right-hand-dominant and I just can't seem to get forked updos to hold if I change sides.

motormuffin
December 11th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I guess I can make it even worse...
If you fork from the wrong side, do you reach around or switch sides?

I reach around.

ShadowSwallow
December 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
:lol:

I usually fork from the right side, and if my ends dictate that I need to put it in on the left, then I reach around. :D

Anje
December 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
*snirk*

I'm generally a right-handed hair-sticker and definitely a righty with the Ficarre, but I'll occasionally secure a bun left-to-right. They hold OK, usually.

SpinDance
December 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM
With a title like that, how could one not read to find out what was really meant... lol

I'm right handed, and so most often put in forks and sticks from the right. However, since I try to keep things sort of even, I do put them in from the left probably a third of the time. More if the style prefers or holds better with it.

vindo
December 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I have always forked from the right :) Can't even do it different I think.

pinkbunny
December 11th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hmmm, I prefer spooning...lol :eyebrows:

I'm dominantly right-handed but I'm able to go lefty in a pinch... (Geez, even that sounds dirty! :rollin: )

Islandgrrl
December 11th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm....I never really thought about it so I just paid attention as I re-bunned.

I put my fork in with my right hand, from left to right.

How weird is that?

catfish
December 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I can fork from either side...um, that didn't sound right :o, I mean, I can fork a bun from either direction...:o oh never mind.

Pixna
December 12th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I can fork from either side...um, that didn't sound right :o, I mean, I can fork a bun from either direction...:o oh never mind.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hiriel
December 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind is dirty :D

Speckla
December 12th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I don't give a fork how it's done - as long as it reaches the desired goal! Satisfaction...lol. :eyebrows:

Carolyn
December 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I hadn't checked this thread out until today but I've been giggling every time I saw the title. I'm glad too other LHCers have the same kind of mind as I do :eyebrows:

florenonite
December 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM

:D

I'm cross-dominant (or as DBF said "ambisinister"), which means I use different hands for different tasks. I'm definitely right-handed when it comes to forking/sticking/clipping, though. Right to left on the diagonal, always. Can't do it the other way round.

young&reckless
December 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I guess I can make it even worse...
If you fork from the wrong side, do you reach around or switch sides?

I reach around.

HA HA HA HA HA :tmi:

Its a right handed reach around.:whistle:

ravenreed
December 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I fork right to left or top down. However, when I wear two hair sticks, I do a reach around with my right hand for the left stick. Now I will have to change sides just to see if I can.

Bene
December 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Reach around forking :rollin:

Yeah, I'mma go put myself in the corner now

ravenreed
December 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I am cross dominant as well, but for hair sticks and forks, its righty all the way.

Do you also hold something in one hand while holding something totally different in the other? I tend to eat with one hand, but drink with the other.

:D

I'm cross-dominant (or as DBF said "ambisinister"), which means I use different hands for different tasks. I'm definitely right-handed when it comes to forking/sticking/clipping, though. Right to left on the diagonal, always. Can't do it the other way round.

ravenreed
December 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM
A lot of us should be joining you. *snicker*

Reach around forking :rollin:

Yeah, I'mma go put myself in the corner now

florenonite
December 13th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I am cross dominant as well, but for hair sticks and forks, its righty all the way.

Do you also hold something in one hand while holding something totally different in the other? I tend to eat with one hand, but drink with the other.

Sometimes. I tend to write and hold a cup of tea at the same time. I eat with my hands and drink with my left hand, but when I'm using a utensil I use my right hand, which can be quite useful.

GlassEyes
December 13th, 2009, 03:21 AM
So many different ways to fork. So little time.

I tried inserting it on the left with my right hand (I don't think I can make a bun with my left), and it just felt wrong. I think I'm your standard kind of forker. There'll be none of that fancy reach-around, hand-switching technique with me.

florenonite
December 13th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I just saw this thread title again and snorted.

Elphie
December 13th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Oh I'm not even going to say a word....where's the line for that corner?

Angela_Rose
December 13th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Oh I'm not even going to say a word....where's the line for that corner?

Over here, Elphie. It's the one next to the line for the gutter. I'm not sure which I should actually be in...

kimannabella
December 13th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Loool

ahem, left handed. I always fork from the left.

Wavelength
December 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Alright, I haven't stopped giggling since the first page. This is a forking great thread. :rollin:

Shorty89
December 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
HA HA HA HA HA :tmi:

Its a right handed reach around.:whistle:

:rollin:

Sometimes. I tend to write and hold a cup of tea at the same time. I eat with my hands and drink with my left hand, but when I'm using a utensil I use my right hand, which can be quite useful.

I do this a lot....but I eat with a fork not my hands :D

Keildra
December 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm a bobby pinner (only cuz I don't own any forks) but I primarily use my right hand and do reach arounds and everything :eyebrows:

I think I just joined the line for the gutter :run:

florenonite
December 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
:rollin:

I do this a lot....but I eat with a fork not my hands :D

I meant things like sandwiches. Those go in my left hand, but forks/spoons go in the right.

bumblebums
December 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm more or less ambidextrous, so I try to switch, for my brain's sake as well as for my hair's. I sometimes use two hairsticks, and I stick them in criss-cross, like an X.

spidermom
December 17th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I fork any ol' way, really; wherever it will fit.

Poppy Seed
December 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I fork from the right (and stick and clip!!), the only exception is the equilibrium bun which, due to the length and where it ends HAS to go from the left - which is really awkward and feels a bit wrong!

florenonite
December 18th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I fork any ol' way, really; wherever it will fit.

I need to get my mind out of the gutter :o

Gvnagitlvgei
December 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I had a 70's flashback and thought this was what the thread title was talking about:

http://s3.images.com/huge.26.134752.JPG

jesamyn
December 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
*waves from the corner*

I'm another ambi, but I usually fork from the right as well. But hey, whatever gets the job done...