PDA

View Full Version : My 3 year anniversary!

Gemma
December 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
It just occurred to me that it's been three years since I started growing out my hair. Time really does fly! :)

This is where I started from in December 2006:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/s640x480-1.jpg

One year later, I had already gained some substantial length, much to my delight:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/Hair/IMG_0407ab.jpg

By my two year anniversary, I was so close to BSL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/Hair/IMG_1900.jpg

Now, three years on, I'm at waist and inching past:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/Hair/IMG_2936.jpg

Colour/texture shot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/Hair/IMG_2944.jpg

It's a little weird looking back since a lot of things have happened in the past three years. Hair-wise, I've learned a few things: I can never tame my frizz so I might as well embrace it, wearing my hair down is a rare occasion that usually results in great annoyance for me, and hair toys are highly addictive!! Henna is still my best friend but everything else about my routine has been simplified. Hopefully, I can keep my hair in good enough shape to one day reach my goal of hip length.

Thanks to everyone who has offered encouragement, or simply complimented my hair! Y'all are the best. :flower: And to all the shorties, you will get there! I know how frustrating the first year is but it gets better.

LawyerGirl
December 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Lovely hair! Thanks for the inspiration :)

lindenblossom
December 10th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Wow! Over the span of the photos, there is such a dramatic difference!

Addy
December 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
So pretty! Congrats! You've come a long way! :)

DarkChocolate
December 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
What a dramatic difference:) I love your color and texture:) You are so lucky to have iii hair:)

patience
December 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

Amazing progress!

SandyStar
December 10th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Wow! Your hair is amazing! It grows so fast! Congratulations!

Vrushali
December 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Wow thats some amazing growth..Congratulations!! :)

Gemma
December 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks, all! :flower: I've lost some of my shine as its got longer and moving to Rhode Island has made the frizz-monster more of an issue but I'm pretty happy with how things have ended up. I'm curious to see if the texture continues to change as it grows!

serious
December 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Amazing progress, so inspirational!

camirra555
December 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Very nice waves

mommat04
December 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Oh I needed that! My hair is your length from your 1st photo. What an encouragement that is!!! When you were growing from super short, did you get it cut a lot or just let it continue to grow?

jojo
December 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Wow you had had great growth and your hair is truely beautiful.

Did you trim at all? I am amazed at your growth, ive been growing for 4 years and have had no where near the growth you have in 3 years and my hair wasn't as short as yours to start with.

DavidN
December 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Congratulations, Gemma, on your 3 year anniversary, and what wonderful growth! Your hair is so thick and healthy!

Pear Martini
December 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Amazing! Thanks for sharing :cheer:

Gemma
December 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Oh I needed that! My hair is your length from your 1st photo. What an encouragement that is!!! When you were growing from super short, did you get it cut a lot or just let it continue to grow?

I did get it cut, yes. I let it grow initially until it was long enough to start evening it out. I had a short almost-bob thing like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/s640x480bcc.jpg

You can see it was still layered, though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Keller/DSCF0016a.jpg

Once it got past APL, I only had bangs cut for my wedding and that was it. :) I still have layers but I like how my hair tapers because of it so I haven't had scissors near my hair in a loooong time.

Wow you had had great growth and your hair is truely beautiful.

Did you trim at all? I am amazed at your growth, ive been growing for 4 years and have had no where near the growth you have in 3 years and my hair wasn't as short as yours to start with.

Yup, I trimmed! My hair grows super fast, though, and always has. Must be genetics!

Congratulations, Gemma, on your 3 year anniversary, and what wonderful growth! Your hair is so thick and healthy!

Thanks, David! You're one of the few longhairs who I have known since my very first week on the board. :) I'm glad you have stuck around!

BonnyJ
December 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM
That is amazing growth and it looks lovely.

MissManda
December 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oooh! Very beautiful! Your waves look stunning! Congratulations!

Sissy
December 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
your hair is looking very nice... you've made wonderful progress :)

aahavaa
December 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Great progress for 3 years.You have beautiful hair and so thick!!
Congratulations!!

little_acorn
December 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Beautiful hair and congratualtions on your anniversary :cheese:

vindo
December 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Wow! What a quick change over the years! :D Your hair looks great!

kmangus
December 10th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Thud worthy.....thats all i have to say!! :D

Ryanne
December 10th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Happy Anniversary! Very beautiful hair!

EvaSimone
December 11th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Wow that's crazy fast growth! I love the color and the curls!

janeytilllie
December 11th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:

Your hair is beautiful and is such an inspiration! :)

Gemma
December 11th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Good morning, everyone, and thank you for your lovely comments! :flower: LHC is a great place to be when you're growing out a pixie cut! I learned so much about hair here.

jivete
December 11th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Your hair is beautiful. You'll be at your goal in no time.

Clarisse
December 11th, 2009, 07:05 AM
That's som amazing growth - and wonderful hair!
I've been growing out my virgin hair for 2 years, but the shortest layer is not even near you 2nd length shot :P

JamieLeigh
December 11th, 2009, 09:31 AM
WOW. :thudpile: That is some amazing growth in just three years! I'm in awe that you are such a wavy/curly and can see such visible progress in just that short amount of time. You're obviously doing a lot of things right, and I wish you a very happy 3rd anniversary! :flower:

mugglemomof3
December 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm just floored by your success! Gorgeous hair - thanks so much for sharing. :thumbsup:

bte
December 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Fantastic progress - and what a lovely texture!

nmarie33
December 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Wow! Your short hair was quite cute, but you've got a great mass of hair now! I like it both ways. Very good growing.

Redheaded Raven
December 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Your hair is looking so good! I love the waves that have shown up! :cheese::cheese::cheese:Congrats on such great growth!

redneckprincess
December 11th, 2009, 11:15 AM
wow 3 years, you know your an inspriation to me..congrats!! looks beautiful

hmmm
December 11th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! It's very inspiring for short hairs like me, congratulations!

Lamb
December 11th, 2009, 02:07 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is gorgeous, and you've made such fast progress! Congratulations on your anniversary! :flowers:

longforhim
December 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
So pretty and fast growth!

Debra83
December 11th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Good Growing Batman!!! What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

KarpatiiSiv
December 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Happy 3rd Anniversary! Great progress, your hair looks lovely.:blossom:

Starr
December 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Congratulations! Your hair has grown more beautiful with each passing year!

windinherhair
December 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is so thick and beautiful!

smilinjenn71
December 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
YAY!:cheese: How fun to see a pixie girl - now long! You had great growth, your hair looks so pretty and shiny!!

Gemma
December 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! :flower: Your kind words mean a lot to me. I'm especially flattered that some people find my growth inspirational. That's such a sweet thing to say!

Lisa Tregner
December 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM
wow!

congrats...

definitely inspirational

Tressie
December 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Wowee!!! Your hair has grown so quickly and the color, texture and thickness is wonderful!! :D

Really lovely!! Congratulations on your third anniversary and great progess!! :cheese:

pdy2kn6
December 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM
WOW, how fast does your hair grow!!!??? That is some amazing progress. You have grown so fast. Congradulations!!

GuardGirl
December 12th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Okay, I have a hard time keeping to a 'no-trimming' goal, but you are definitely the inspiration I need to keep it up. Thank you for sharing your amazing hair and progress with us!

Gemma
December 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Okay, I have a hard time keeping to a 'no-trimming' goal, but you are definitely the inspiration I need to keep it up. Thank you for sharing your amazing hair and progress with us!

Hey GuardGirl, I did trim a bit and I don't think it's a bad thing if you want to do trims occasionally. :) My original plan was to trim so my layers didn't look scruffy, so I had quite a few trims the first year, much fewer the second, and I haven't had scissors near my hair (except for 'dusting') this last year of growth. So do what feels right for you!

My fight against split-ends is still ongoing, I confess. ;")

Vivien'
December 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM
O_o Stunning ! You've made a amazing progress, and hopefully it won't stop here :) <strike>Any trims or something alike during the process, or just growth, growth, growth ?</strike>

Edit : Whoops, didn't see the message just above :cheese:

Mary <><
December 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Absolutely beautiful! The thickness is amazing! Very nice!

Carolyn
December 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! You've had some amazing growth. I am so envious. It took me 6 years and I started at shoulders. Your hair is awesome.

maaria
December 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing :p
Your hair look lovely!! The only thing that hit my mind was HOW and WHAT did you give your hair when it have grow so fantastic, I´m just stunned :p

Gemma
December 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing :p
Your hair look lovely!! The only thing that hit my mind was HOW and WHAT did you give your hair when it have grow so fantastic, I´m just stunned :p

Genetics!! :") My routine was all about babying my hair at first but, as it's got longer, I've gone back to total laziness (I wash/condition, oil occasionally, and henna everything few months; nothing fancy). My hair has just always grown fast.

Vianka
December 12th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You're hair looks so pretty! I hope that in three years I can post my long hair pictures, too!

Dachsdragon
December 13th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Very beautiful and very inspirational.

Aditi
December 13th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Great progress and hair Congratulations :cheer:

Zopheya
December 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Gorgeous! Great color.

Yozhik
December 13th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Wow -- that's wonderful! It's heartening to see what 3 years of nurturing can get you :)