PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please!

heynormy
December 10th, 2009, 01:04 PM
So it's been awhile since I've joined here, however I still haven't broken my bad habits! :o
I'm still learning to embrace my waves, but I do straighten my hair atleast twice a week!
Since I'm going to be on a two week break from school, I am going to cut back on all the damaging things that I do to my hair, however I think I need to trim my hairshudder:
Its been over a year since my last big chop, October 2008 to be exact, but I just don't want to get rid of any bit of my hair!! I mean it's going to take me months to get that growth back!
Anyways, I was just looking for suggestion! Should I trim my hair or baby the ends? Oh, and yes...I tried the two week rule, which turned into the two month rule!:D

JamieLeigh
December 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
If you're reluctant to cut, but know that you really need to and won't be happy with your ends until you do...try trimming off just a tiny bit. Like this much ----> _ You'd be surprised at how different your ends feel with just the babiest of trims. :)

Furiana
December 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM
If you're reluctant to cut, but know that you really need to and won't be happy with your ends until you do...try trimming off just a tiny bit. Like this much ----> _ You'd be surprised at how different your ends feel with just the babiest of trims. :)

Exactly what I'd say, too. :) Do a tiny trim, then baby the fresh ends.

Stephichan
December 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Dusting trims can work wonders. I just did one the other day and when I looked in the mirror this morning I was amazed at how neat and even my hemline was. Also, I see you're at apl, which means that more hairstyles and updos are becoming available to you. Instead of reaching for the straightener, you could always just put your hair up. Or you could really try to emphasize those waves on days you want to wear it down.

Anje
December 11th, 2009, 12:13 PM
As others have said, you might get a big difference from a tiny trim, especially if your ends are already fairly even and maintained (unlike mine).

Try doing updos instead of straightening, if only to cut the straightening back a little bit further. Also, make sure that when you do straighten your hair, that you're using a silicone-based heat protectant to help minimize the damage.

melrose1985
December 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I agree witht he tiny trims. I have a hard time cutting my hair to knowing that i'll have to grow to get back to where i was. I babied my end for a year before i would cut.