PDA

View Full Version : At least I did it!

LittleOrca
December 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM
So this last term in school (which ended a week ago, but I have been too busy to post) I decided I was going to wear my hair up every time I was in class except for the last day. There were many days I wanted to wear my hair down or just give up, but I didn't! I wore about 80% of my hair toys to the 30 class meetings (3 different classes a week for 10 weeks) and the last day I wore my butterfly comb in a half-updo.

The last day though I was a little late to class. My alarm clock on my phone didn't go off and I called the professor and told her I was running late so she knew I was still coming to the final (but the alarm did in the middle of class and my professor just laughed.) The only one who openly noticed my hair was down was my friend Carolina (Caro-Leena) and she is always excited about my hair being down since she saw it the first time down when I got my ID picture taken. I think she was a little sad it was up all the time after that. I was a little sad that the others didn't say anything to me, but then the ones I think who would have been the most impressed saw it down for a Art Therapy School photo shoot for the new brochures.

Oh well, at least I met this goal! YAY! :cheese:

Sissy
December 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
congrats on meeting your goal! I'm sure they all noticed, even if they didn't say a compliment they were probably thinking it :)

enfys
December 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Yay! Well done on that, and holding out on wearing the comb so it was extra special.

How cool to have hair people are disappointed they can't see too.

Spring
December 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Little Orca did you notice any improvements with your hair since it was up for 10 weeks? :)

Sissy
December 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Little Orca did you notice any improvements with your hair since it was up for 10 weeks? :)

that is a good question which I am also curious to know the answer too.

LittleOrca
December 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM

I could see that it isn't breaking as much. My hair grows the typical 6 inches a year, but it does not always increase in that length as a whole because my dyed parts of my hair are damaged and break off normally. However, I can see a length improvement and hopefully it will keep improving for my 1 yr anniversary in Feb.

JamieLeigh
December 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Congrats on sticking to your goal!! :D I'm sure it was irritating that not a lot of people commented on it, but it's really cool that the person who did was sad that she didn't get to see it down more often. That is really awesome to hear, I'm sure. :)

Your hair looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see a year in progress in a couple of months. ;)

Friesiangirl
December 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Wow, that's a great goal. I'm so glad you met it. Did you learn a lot of up-do's?

I wear my hair up nearly everyday, I think only a handful of times has it been down and people noticed.

People think I have super long hair because I keep it up a lot.

Yozhik
December 9th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Good job on meeting your goal! I know this sounds trite, but you were really doing it for yourself, and it's great that you were able to maintain that type of willpower!
I'm sure a lot of people noticed -- they probably didn't comment because it was during an exam, right? Anyway, congrats :)

embee
December 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I remember when you made the decision to wear your hair up until the last day of class. Cool that you managed to do it. :)

Your hair is so pretty!

Keildra
December 9th, 2009, 09:34 PM
That's a cool Idea I think I might partake in that one when I start school again.

And I'm pretty sure every one noticed they were just jealous:D

LittleOrca
December 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Wow, that's a great goal. I'm so glad you met it. Did you learn a lot of up-do's?

Not really, I just worked on the ones I already knew since they were easier to do. I stuck mostly with cinnamon buns, figure 8 buns, nautilus buns, as well as some other random updos like the woven bun or stardust.

Good job on meeting your goal! I know this sounds trite, but you were really doing it for yourself, and it's great that you were able to maintain that type of willpower!
I'm sure a lot of people noticed -- they probably didn't comment because it was during an exam, right? Anyway, congrats :)

Of course I did it mostly for myself to see if I COULD do it. If I could handle having to make sure my hair was up each time I went to class. It's almost like practice for when I have a job. I will say though that there was of course a little bit of pride when I could wear my hair down and show it off and how nice it was compared to the other hair there (and believe me some of it is fried and gross!)

Here is my hair thus far in length too, just for fun for the two who wanted to see how wearing it up for 10 weeks worked for me. The camera no longer picks up my ends from where it is, even with me on my toes!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2866.jpg

Hiriel
December 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
congrats on meeting your goal! I'm sure they all noticed, even if they didn't say a compliment they were probably thinking it :)
Agreed. I wouldn't have said anything to someone I didn't know, I'm too shy, but I'd notice. But then I tend to notice hair ;)

rchorr
December 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM
It's always cool to see people's reaction to having your hair down after wearing it up a lot. I remember after summer wearing my hair down and having a co-worker run up and say "It's so long! I don't remember it being so long!" It was fun.

RCHORR'

frodolaughs
December 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Congratulations. Your hair looks lovely in the picture you just posted.

cocolover
December 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
You said you were taking a final that day? Finals can be pretty absorbing, so maybe they just weren't paying attention to anything else, just a thought. Regardless if they noticed or not, you have beautiful hair!

LittleOrca
December 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
You said you were taking a final that day? Finals can be pretty absorbing, so maybe they just weren't paying attention to anything else, just a thought. Regardless if they noticed or not, you have beautiful hair!

The final was not a traditional final test. We all had paintings/other art work to bring in, and we have to talk about our pieces and how they related to the task that was set out before us, which was to visually show what art therapy meant to us this far into our education. If it had been a sit-down-no-talking kind of test, I would completely understand no compliments. :)

kmangus
December 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Good job LittleOrca!!! I always get a mini "high" after completing a goal!

kimannabella
December 10th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Congratulations, it was certainly worth it-your hair looks fantastic in that last photo.

embee
December 10th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Golly, your hair has gotten even prettier! That's a lovely sig picture. :)

ETA... er.. I see it wasn't a sig pic, it was just a pic. Still lovely!