PDA

View Full Version : Hair that is least attended

Vijikanth
December 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hi All, I wanted to know how you used to care for the hair that is at the base of the head near the neck as the hair at that area is the least attended. I have curly hair. And I find it easy to comb my hair from the top to down. But when I try to finger comb from under the hair, still I get the tangles. Since many people here are fans of updo's and bun's, should be knowing how to handle this. I usually wear ponytail not too low, I find it difficulty with the tangles with the neck hair...

klcqtee
December 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I split my hair in half. I brush/comb the top half, then put my brushed hair in a half updo. This way, I can brush/comb the rest of it. Otherwise, I have a hard time getting the neck hair.

mira-chan
December 9th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I finger comb only and have not had problems with the nape hairs tangling. I also have no problem combing my hair any which way, including upside down instead of the canopy with a comb if need be.

If I remember correctly I did have more tangles there when I wore ponytails (over 4 years ago). I think part of it is the placement of the ponytail band. In an updo, I wither twist or braid to secure the base of the hair so that there is no tie placed there and all the nape hairs are aligned with the rest.

I do have to note that my hair is not vary tangly naturally, that's why I can go without combs. Some people's hair is just more prone to damage and tangles in the back. I have more issues with canopy dryness instead.

Arkady
December 9th, 2009, 05:41 PM
When combing, I comb right through all my hair so the tines actually brush against my scalp, and I detangle the nape-of-neck hairs the same way you'd detangle. Then I comb up from beneath and out, before combing down again from crown before either putting it up into an updo for the day, or braiding for sleep at night. It's no different to dealing with tangles anywhere else in your hair; start at the bottom and work up, just make sure you're combing through all the hair, not just the top layers.