PDA

View Full Version : Hair stick accident

sweetestday
December 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I made myself some hair sticks from some cherry wood I found in our yard, and have happily been wearing them for a couple of weeks. They are quite thin and pointy, like a double pointed knitting needle... Anyway, when I went to hug my husband after supper tonight, the poor guy got jabbed in his cheek, and was bleeding. :( I think I'll have to make one end blunt, and be careful how I place them. I am glad it didn't get his eye!
Has anyone else had hair stick accidents?

Stephichan
December 8th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Oh goodness! I haven't done anything quite like that, but I use a messenger backpack when I'm at school and there have been a few times when I've forgotten that I was wearing hairsticks, flung my bag over my head, and caught the strap on them. Ouch.

Yesterday I broke my second hairstick since I learned how to use them in July/August. It was heartbreaking because I used to have two sets that complemented each other that I would mix. Now I'm left with a pair that matches. I don't like that. Someday I might have to invest in a good pair, not flimsy things from Claire's.

little_acorn
December 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Ouch - my DH has come close to puncture wounds with mine but no blood as yet

mtstorm
December 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I get a lot of comments from, male, co-workers on how my hair sticks could kill. I often use chop sticks and have poked myself and DH, although no blood. You could probably sand down the point so it is blunt without too much work.

GoddesJourney
December 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM
My husband stabbed himself in the hand a few times trying to put his arm around me.

JamieLeigh
December 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Wow! I'm sorry that happened. :( I haven't had any major injuries caused yet, but it's kind of a running gag between my best friend and myself that when I go to hug him on my right side I poke him with my sticks. :p Usually he makes a big show of forgetting to go to my left first, lol.

funnybunny668
December 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
ouch! Poor guy!
I poked a few people with hairsticks before, but nothing serious.
Can't wait for my hair to be long enough to be dangerous again! LOL ;)

Eniratak
December 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Just today actually. XD.
One of my guy friends came up and hugged me.
And he was like "One of your hair sticks poked me!"
XD. Of course it wasn't damaging, but.
I'm sorry that happened.

Igor
December 9th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Boyfriend almost poked himself in the eye with mine twice within an hour or so
If he hadn’t been so close to really hurting himself on them I would have teased him with being a slow learner :p
Now I wear Ficcares around him

sweetestday
December 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Well, he's still alive today. :) I don't think I'll wear the sticks again until I make them a little safer.

ladycatpurrs
December 9th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I hugged my DH the other day and he yelped..I had poked him in the eye with my hair stick, OOPSIE! He lived to see another day (pun intended). I do forget they are back there, just waiting for a victim...going to do a real harm one day, like my mother always used to yell at us kids when we were growing up "BE CAREFUL, you are going to put your eye out with that"..LOL!

Elistariel
December 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Not any accidents causing injury. I can't wear the plastic or wooden ones. I snap those left and right. I have to use metal, which is hard to find.
Come to think of it I need new ones.
I had a pair with gemstones attached and a pair with metal roses. I've broken the decorations off both. :p

I am Elistariel, destroyer of hair sticks.

meowmeow
December 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I had an unfortunate incident with a hairstick although no one was hurt. I had a hair stick like this: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/chidoriyaworld_2076_6492813 in my hair. I was in the washroom and brushing the wispy parts back and I guess I moved my hand too far back or something because that ball just broke right off!

I really liked that hairstick, although it's incredibly flimsy. :(

nmarie33
December 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I've had some close calls hugging the BF while wearing porcupine quills! You have to train yourself to hug while sort of looking sideways at the other person. We don't want to be putting our SO's eyes out! LOL

frodolaughs
December 10th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I've definitely had some close calls, but haven't ever drawn blood.

SpinDance
December 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Never drawn blood, but yes, I've poked DH & sons a few times. Now I try to use shorter sticks and to wear them at an angle, not horizontally!

WritergirlAD
December 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I keep poking my grandpa in the eyes with them. I felt so bad, one time I think it really jabbed him hard. Now I'm really careful about hugging. My mom always jokes I should wear hairsticks when I go out walking alone in case I need to defend myself. :p