PDA

View Full Version : Air-drying for frizz-free hair

krt1013
April 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
So, I'm new here, and I never thought it was possible, but since I've started taking better care of my hair (no cones and gentle poos), I decided to air dry completely it for the first time in ages tonight.

And... no... frizz! I used a little oil on the ends and am shocked! I have less frizz than when I blowdry!

Wow. Thanks guys.

Billie
April 25th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Great that it works so well for you!
I'll have frizzy hair not matter what treatment I give it. :D But I learned to live with it. ;)

amaiaisabella
April 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I have noticed the same thing! Also when I blowdry, my hair loses its shape and gets greasier faster. Probably because we use all those products to keep the hair in line...

Then again, it depends on the type of hair. My mom has wavy fine hair, and if she blowdries, her style can last up to 5 days. I'm so envious :(

lora410
April 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
So, I'm new here, and I never thought it was possible, but since I've started taking better care of my hair (no cones and gentle poos), I decided to air dry completely it for the first time in ages tonight.

And... no... frizz! I used a little oil on the ends and am shocked! I have less frizz than when I blowdry!

Wow. Thanks guys.

You will now also most likely see a nice increase in softness and mositure. It was hard giving up the blowfryer, but it was the best move I made for my hair to :flower:

Anje
April 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Glad it works for you. I get crazy frizz (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1209) near the top of my head if I airdry without combing a few times, though leave-ins like aloe gel seem to mitigate this. Silly baby hairs think I'm a 3.:p

florenonite
April 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Glad it works for you. I get crazy frizz (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1209) near the top of my head if I airdry without combing a few times, though leave-ins like aloe gel seem to mitigate this. Silly baby hairs think I'm a 3.:p

My hair's like this, too. If I airdry without combing I get frizz, if I do comb I lose all my wave.

Patrycja
April 25th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'm the kind to that gets smoother(but MUCH poofier hair)when blowfrying but it gets greasier much quicker.

Sherri
April 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I don't know why but after a wash I am frizzy when dry. then I braid to sleep and next day... no frizz smooth shiney hair:shrug:

maskedrose
April 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Lucky girl - I always have frizz!! If I don't do a leave in of aloe and jojoba oil I am poof city :) Enjoy your shiny, smooth locks!

ldygwnvr
April 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Oh, how great that your hairs is so gorgeous and silky!! The blow-fryer makes my hair smoother, but I get very poofy. Air drying leaves my waves more defined, although I do have the baby-hair "halo" that has to be tamed down. Still fighting that halo!! Have fun with your healthier hair-care routine!!! :)

FB
April 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
OK I am jealous. I always get frizzy hair no matter what method of drying I use. Even if I use oils. However, after two days my hair eventually calms down. I wish I had hair like yours.

justinekay
April 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I stopped blowdrying and got an improvement too, but find I still have frizzy hair about half of the time. I always blame the weather, humidity being the usual culprit, but I'm not really sure what causes it.

psvzum
April 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I find the same thing-less frizz if I air dry. If I have to use a blow dryer, I always use a diffuser and this helps.

krt1013
April 27th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I used to always blow dry, no matter what... and ended up with lion's mane poof whenever humidity struck!

Now though, I only use soluble 'cones and rotate between Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream and Nature's Gate Nourishing Hemp. Still can't go more than 2 days between washing, but I'm working on that... Heck, I used to wash 1-2 times a day with Pantene, of all things, when I was running track in high school.

I condition every day and always oil my ends before bed. I'm still looking for the 'perfect' oil: right now I use a blend of avocado, jojoba, olive, and coconut. Using coconut oil only seems to make my hair stiff rather than soft, so right now the blend helps keep me smooth and shiny. Do you guys have any oil cocktails that seem to work for you?

It's funny thinking how a year ago, if I had to airdry, my hair would look like the bristles on a broom, and now, airdrying actually gives me MORE softness than blowfrying! Before, I thought that I was doomed to blowdry every day if I ever wanted any kind of shape or smoothness. How wrong I was! Silly consumerism... my teenage self was so lost.

I can't wait to see how my hair continues to improve over the summer months when I can get outside and soak up the warmth! Yay for sunshine!:D