PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

lillylonghair
December 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hi!!!!:) First of all I just wanted to introduce myself since I finally stopped lurking around here.;) I have been lurking for about a year and have learned so much about how to take care of my hair,what works for me and what doesn't.

I initially started growing my hair last December as a promise to my husband to not cut while he was gone. I am a notorious emotional hair cutter.Then during my pregnancy it turned into a health obsession! I religiously cassia-ed,henna-ed,deep conditioned,etc. My hair started out very damaged (the result of an unfortunate bleaching) and very short. It is now around my shoulder blades and very healthy.

My only problem right now is that with the winter and a few months after having a baby my hair is shedding and totally out of whack. Im not too worried about the shedding since I have alot to spare but my my routine is not working for me anymore.

I used to CO but with the hormones it is suuuuper greasy on the roots and dry on the ends now. I still try to stretch washings by wearing it in braids or up and I have given up the blowdryer.

Okay sorry for righting a novel but mostly I just wanted to say this site is amazing and I am so glad I finally became a member!!!

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flower: The little one in your avatar is cute as a button...is your husband in a branch of military service? I noticed you wrote that you aren't cutting your hair while he's gone.

Tangerine
December 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Welcome to active membership, lilylonghair :) :flower:

I hope you'll find a routine that works for you. I've settled on several routines (CO, herb-only, etc) and changed again :o Only to come (nearly) full circle and be CWC with a shampoo bar containing SLS ..
It is all such a learning curve. What has been a bit of an eye opener for me over the last few weeks is learning to accept what works best for my hair, regardless of what I think of the routine myself. For instance, I *love* the idea of all natural all herbal washing, making my own mixes, etc etc .... but I have come to the realisation that at this point in my life it does not work for me. And my hair actually looks soooo much better being back with SLS and lots of conditioner ...

Anyway. I really just wanted to say "welcome" and enjoy your hair journey with us :)

lillylonghair
December 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Yes,my husband is in the Army. He wll be coming home around the end of January!:cheese:I am so excited for him to see my hair.

My hair right now also seems to enjoy CWC with an SLS shampoo. I tried so hard to not use one but right now my hair seems to need it.