PDA

View Full Version : Heat with Shower Caps

CavyQueen
December 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hi! I usually use a deep treatment, put on a shower cap, and then use heat from a blow dryer to activate the treatment. Does the shower cap provide enough protection from the heat? Is it a efficient barrier. I quit using blow dryers on my bare hair. I would hate to thin that I am doing the same amount of damage to my hair with the use of a blow dryer over a shower cap. Thank you. :)

Curlsgirl
December 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I saw you didn't get any answers. Everyone must be out shopping! :D

It would depend on how thick the shower cap is and how close you hold it to your hair. I do the DTs with a thin plastic saran type cap over them and then a microwave heat cap. I have used a wool hat to go over the saran one though to hold the heat in. It uses the heat from your head and I find it works very well, easy too! You could warm up the DT first.

clairenewcastle
December 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I tried this a few times in the past but stopped for the heat of the hairdryer softened the plastic of my shower cap....a lot would depend on the thickness of the showercap, I guess.

jojo
December 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Get a heat cap, i use one of these and they are great, in fact Ive got mine on as I type!